PDA

View Full Version : Side Indicators ???

LEWI007
09-11-06, 09:41 AM
:confused: could i just fill the side indicator hole up or do i have to keep them its a mk2 nova.

Mr-G
09-11-06, 10:27 AM
yes you have to keep side repeaters due to the age of your car, you can fill the holes on the wings up but you would need side repeaters elsewhere on the car, as long as they are on the side and they flash orange

JSeymour
09-11-06, 10:43 AM
yes you can take them off, and still pass the MOT.

Mr-G
09-11-06, 10:47 AM
how will it pass the mot????

JSeymour
09-11-06, 10:51 AM
as you can see the front ones from the side.

LEWI007
09-11-06, 10:54 AM
so can i fill the hole up or do i have to keep them you are both saying different things

craig green
09-11-06, 10:55 AM
Strictly speaking, on a mk2 Nova the fr indicators wrap around & are visible side on.

Mk1's not the same.

Mr-G
09-11-06, 10:58 AM
hmm i didnt think the mk2 indicators wrapped round enough to be classed as a front/side repeater ?

JSeymour
09-11-06, 11:04 AM
mr g- drive along side a shop window and stick them on and see for yourself.

k reg nova- the worse that will happen is it will fail, in which case you can just hard wire some on for the day.(99% sure you wont have to).

and its not like the plod are ever going to notice such a small change to a car they know nothing about.

Mr-G
09-11-06, 11:17 AM
mr g- drive along side a shop window and stick them on and see for yourself.

k reg nova- the worse that will happen is it will fail, in which case you can just hard wire some on for the day.(99% sure you wont have to).

and its not like the plod are ever going to notice such a small change to a car they know nothing about.

ok lol calm down i wasnt arguing i just wasnt sure, if i am wrong then i am wrong :roll:

LEWI007
09-11-06, 11:51 AM
Ok

LEWI007
09-11-06, 11:54 AM
ill just fill up the holes so it looks smoother than a fruit smoothie lol

IVI0USEY
09-11-06, 01:32 PM
if it any help ive gt wide arch on ma 1.6 an i had it a month before i realised it didnt have any an it flew through mot no probs and the fronts a mk1

loggyboy
09-11-06, 03:37 PM
From motuk.co.uk http://motuk.co.uk/manual_150.htm

Information

Vehicles first used on or after 1 April 1986

These must be fitted with one side repeater indicator on each side. Instead of a separate lamp, the side repeater might be part of the front direction indicator if it includes a wraparound lens. (See information on following page).

Method of Inspection

d. that every direction indicator emits amber light, except vehicles first used before 1 September 1965 where both front indicators may be white and both rear indicators red

e. that their operation is separate from, and not adversely affected by, the operation of any other lamp.

2. Check the selector switch for presence, security, condition and operation.

3. Check the driver's 'tell-tale' warning device for presence and operation.

Note: A 'tell-tale' may be audible or visual, it is not required if one or more direction indicators on each side can be seen by the driver from the driver's seat.

Reason for rejection

d. does not show light of the appropriate colour

e. adversely affected by the operation of another lamp eg dual function lamps on foreign vehicles.

2. A missing, insecure or faulty selector
switch.

3. The drivers 'tell-tale' missing or inoperative

Acceptable wrapround lens marking

Information

Lamps incorporating a side repeater are marked either with an 'E' mark in a circle or an 'e' mark in a rectangle above which is a number 5. Some vehicles are fitted with a wraparound lens with no European approval markings. These can be tested by standing approximately 1000mm to the side of the vehicles rear bumper with indicator on. If amber light can be seen coming through the front lens (not a reflection) this is acceptable.

Method of Inspection

4. Check that the hazard warning device is present, secure and operates using only one switch with the ignition switched both on and off. While it operates, check that all the direction indicators flash simultaneously and the 'tell-tale' is working correctly.

Reason for rejection
4. A hazard warning device
a. does not cause all the direction indicators to flash in phase with the ignition both on and off

b. 'tell-tale' not working correctly

c. a switch missing, insecure or faulty.

d. operated by more than one switch