PDA

View Full Version : 1.6 with 1.2 head, 32/34 carb

Anonymous
30-04-01, 11:53 AM
should i know about any problems with doing the following to a mk1 1.2:

remove engine and transfer 1.2 head onto a 1.6 engine
fit the 1.6 engine with the 1.2 head back into car
fit a 32/34 weber carb
fit a close ratio 5 speed box (which one's will fit? can u recommend one?)

any problems i'll encounter or special parts i'll have to get?

[ged_bong]
Yes Officer...I shot Toya but I didn't rape Phil

WWW.ROYBACER.CO.UK
Ged@roybacer.co.uk

Anonymous
30-04-01, 11:58 AM
and before sum one says it, i now about the obvious, brakes, suspension etc etc :D

[ged_bong]
Yes Officer...I shot Toya but I didn't rape Phil

WWW.ROYBACER.CO.UK
Ged@roybacer.co.uk

Anonymous
30-04-01, 12:04 PM
You can fit a 1.2 head on to a GTE engine then??

Anonymous
30-04-01, 12:12 PM
it will fit...because all Nova engines are 'small block' but i'm not sure about the implications of doin it...

Anonymous
30-04-01, 12:14 PM
You still trying to get a performance car but pay 1.2 insurance Ged?

Anonymous
30-04-01, 12:18 PM
The compression will be too high you will blow the head gasket (ooh err) to pieces, and get bad detonation that will destroy the engine!

"Theres something missing, I'm not all there, Theres something missing".

Anonymous
30-04-01, 12:28 PM
lmao @ Fenix

who? me? :D 1.2's suck...i need a way to get a half quick car that wont be visable to Mr Insurance...any suggestions?

Anonymous
30-04-01, 12:56 PM
Lol, and also u will burn holes in the pistons!!! Silly boy, only thing that might resemble wot u wanna do is to....
Use 1.6bottom end
Use 1.6 top end but block off extra waterway.
Use 1.3 rockerbox, or just the cover.
Fit 40's!! lol

Anonymous
30-04-01, 01:27 PM
1.6 engines have deeper pockets in the head, so fitting a 1.2 head with shallow pocket will raise compression like Paul said and destroy the engine. You could use copper gaskets to lower the compression, but thats a precise science and shouldnt be messed with. Mr insurance man wouldn`t be fooled, coz he would look at the number on the block, and if you remove that he will be even more suspicious.

=\_____
=/__|__\_
=|(_)___(_)\

Whoopass! :D

Anonymous
30-04-01, 01:41 PM
the whole reason for me going on about fitting the 1.2 head to the 1.6 was because the block number is on the head isn't it?

What does everyone rekon i should do...just get a 1.3sr cam, carb and manifold, and a sports zorst and just enjoy the power gain til i can get summit a bit quicker (such as a GTE or summit)?? i think it's m best option at the minute...agree??

Anonymous
30-04-01, 02:36 PM
I belive the eng. number is definatly on the bottem end as i have to keep informing the DVLA every time i blow up the bottom end and get a new one:D

Anonymous
30-04-01, 02:48 PM
The block no. is called a block no. because its on the block. Not talkin engine code, like sv, sc etc, but the long individual engine code that is used to identify every engine seperately. Within in that no. you can tell the engine size and history. The code no. such as 1.6sv might well be stamped on the head.

I think the latter option involving 1.3 cam etc is better. I can get hold of a weber replacement carb for the 1.2 if you want.

=\_____
=/__|__\_
=|(_)___(_)\

Whoopass! :D

Anonymous
30-04-01, 03:03 PM
lol rebuild a 1.2 with a rebore and 1.6 internals :D

--- Novaload technical support open 24hrs ---
--- Phone/SMS Support 24hrs ---
--- Workshop services 6pm - 11pm Mon - Fri, 9am - 11pm Sat/Sun ---
--- 16v engine fitting advice ---

Anonymous
01-05-01, 12:00 AM
MC how much u get then carbs 4??
GED i have put a 1.3sr cam in my 1.2 and it made a considerable difference!! i have a bolt on K&N and a peco bb2 back box 2. I would recommend a full system 1.3sr cam skim head and a better carb. that will be quite quick. Mine is quicker than any 1.3sr unless they have had shit done and most 1.4sr's. My mate has a standard VTR and he doesn't piss on me 2 much! i recon its running about 72 bhp 67bhp b4 1.3sr cam

RobDmr@aol.com
xr2 ??? i'd rather walk!