PDA

View Full Version : no hot air

nova~norm
08-11-06, 06:32 PM
heaters blow cold all the time heat in the engine and all piped but not in the car any 1 any ideas ita a 2l 16v nova

Lee
08-11-06, 07:38 PM
Air lock in matrix (are both pipes leading to it warm?)
Heater control from knob to matrix disconnected?

I take it you mean no warm air from the side vents or widscreen ducts, as the middle vents only blow cold anyway lol

Philsutton
08-11-06, 07:48 PM
are you 100 % sure its piped up right, about 50% of the conversions ive seen have had the water systems piped so there is no flow through the heater matrix. Normally the matrix will will plumbed in but only off the two back pipes on the big plastic pipe at the back an thus not actually flowing the heater matrix.

nova~norm
08-11-06, 07:55 PM
how do u make it flow thru then mate never had a chance to check that two pipes r warm yet but will and post back.sure they r connected tho

Philsutton
08-11-06, 08:02 PM
the passager side pipe should go onto the side of the head while the other onto the big plastic pipe on the back of the engine. Then the header tank bottom hose goes to the other outlet on the plastic pipe on the back of the engine.

scott smith
08-11-06, 08:53 PM
i had this problem the cable behind the heater control to matrix is disconnected or there is a little clip holding the outer cable

tom_beverley
10-11-06, 10:32 PM
My heaters are not warming now either, I've just noticed tonight when I wanted some heat! :mad:

Havent had a look yet cos its dark and freezing! I've tried to get the heater control off in the past but the previous owner must have put the knob on wrong as its at a funny angle and won't budge!