PDA

View Full Version : do i need a speed sensor

toby.d
08-11-06, 04:36 AM
hi iv got a late spec nova gsi engine fitted in my corsa sri, i asked on here about some problems i was having a few weeks ago and was told that i need a speed sensor fitted as it keeps stalin when i come upto trafic lights, is this true or am i just gettin confused. iv used the corsa wirring loom as it all matched up and the nova one was butchered from when they took it out. in in australia atm on holiday so i cant look at my car to find anything so its gona be of the top of my head if im asked anything. many thanks guys

Adam
08-11-06, 05:43 PM
Yep you need a speed sensor.
It has black,brown, blue/red wires.
And screws into the gearbox under the speedo cable.

toby.d
11-11-06, 12:33 AM
thanks for that.will i be able to pick one up off ebay or something?? also what does it plug into then?, apart from the gearbox end as i dont see any spare wires coming off my loom that would be used for it? would i need to get hold of a nova loom to be able to use this sensor? thanks

Adam
11-11-06, 03:27 PM
The gsi ecu should have the wires for it.

toby.d
13-11-06, 07:46 AM
i didnt see any extra wires coming out of the ecu box for it.the plugs from the corsa loom pluged strait in to the gsi ecu. ill have a look when im off holiday and sus something out. thanks for the help mate

Adam
13-11-06, 12:24 PM
The corsa SRi engine should of also had a speed sender already.

I assume you just plugged the c16se ecu in, as the c14se ecu has the same plug etc for its loom.

toby.d
13-11-06, 02:21 PM
yeah i just pluged the c16se ecu strait in as they use the same plugs dont they.i no that there is a sensor on the front of the gearbox but i duno if this is the speed sensor.i have got this pluged in.i never had the problem with the corsa engine.could it be a dodgy sensor then? as there is no plugs left off the corsa loom and if it had one already then it will have been re-pluged in.i quese anyway? thanks

Adam
13-11-06, 04:52 PM
Thats the reverse gear light sensor.

The speed sender should be under the speedo cable, back of the box by the firewall.

toby.d
13-11-06, 09:16 PM
ok thanks mate.i may have missed it off and not pluged it in by mistake or someting.i cant remember there being a sensor there but there proply is one dangeling down.ill have a look when i get back home. thanks mate