PDA

View Full Version : Electric Windows

Novasr1.4owner
07-11-06, 10:39 PM
Hi guys,

I have a MK 1 g reg nova sr with central locking from standard.

I also have a wiring loom, electric window motors and switches to be fitted.

Can anyone give me a quide, point me in the right direction to a guide and tell me how hard this will be to fit?

Many thanks guys

Ian

Timmy
07-11-06, 10:41 PM
can be very easy to fit i take it you have mk1 swicthes and center concol. pm if you in london aera

draper
07-11-06, 10:42 PM
its not overly hard, take the door cards off, attach the motors on the doors, run the wires thru and into the centre console then install the switches

Novasr1.4owner
07-11-06, 10:49 PM
where should i wire the electrics into on the actual car?

Sorry if i am sounding a bit dim but havent really got a scooby but want to do it myself as a bit of a learning experience.

cheers for all your help guys, ian

draper
07-11-06, 11:02 PM
there should be a a single black and red on your loom iirc, these feed your switches, red wants to go to a fused supply, either the back of the fusebox (cant remember which fuse) or a lead from the battery fused, and the black goes to a earth (the black might just bolt to the cars floor somewhere near the switches)

have you not got the wirimg loom in your car already ??

Novasr1.4owner
07-11-06, 11:06 PM
no i havent fitted anything to the car as of yet but i do have a loom with connects that go to the motors and the swtiches, however the car does come with central locking.

thanks
Ian

draper
07-11-06, 11:07 PM
you could already have the wiring in your car then, which case it will be pretty easy !!