PDA

View Full Version : sssssssssssssssssss BANG !!!!

Anonymous
29-04-01, 07:34 PM
My cooling system seems to pressurise while im driving. On the way down the m4 last night I heard a hiss then a bang then all this steam started pouring from the front of the car. I pulled over and found that the pressure had blown the new top hose off. any ideas why it gets so pressurised but not hot?

Anonymous
29-04-01, 08:30 PM
Head gasket could be gone allowing combustion gases into the water galleries in the block. Check for oil in water or water in oil. Do a compression test.

Anonymous
30-04-01, 07:01 AM
also check yer thermostat

BEng Hons Automotive Electronics Engineering :) worship my electronics skills :D

Anonymous
30-04-01, 08:02 AM
The system should presurise slightly, but any excess is let out through a presure valve in the top of the header tank cap, this will be broken, as a temorary measure drill a small hole in it to release the pressure, but you will need to get a new cap.

"Theres something missing, I'm not all there, Theres something missing".

Anonymous
30-04-01, 09:06 AM
Yeah I'd say the filler cap too, it did it on mine ages ago, a new cap is only a few pund and should sort it.

---:D---*---B-)---
kev@novaload.net

Anonymous
30-04-01, 09:06 AM
pund = pound! (Im not really German!)

---:D---*---B-)---
kev@novaload.net

Anonymous
30-04-01, 09:46 AM
Get a head gasket check done as this will pressurise the system, a garage can hold some special liquid over the header tank, which will turn colour if head gasket knackered.

3 cup finals - 1 won 2 to go!! :D

You'll Never walk alone.........
Ian@novaload.net