PDA

View Full Version : Factory red

GTE TURBZ
07-11-06, 07:44 PM
Guys and Gals, im restoring a red nova gte to its former glory, havent decided on the shade of red i wanna go for yet that reflects its orignal colour.

ive seen this colour called 'dark red' that looks near enough like the original paint even slightly red-er and with all the new vinyl will look like its just come off the production line.....

any suggestions, only mods i wanna do is a bee-sting ariel,

but later on if i get bored........drop it with some cav gsi 15's with low profiles!

philly
07-11-06, 09:25 PM
i like the look of lucifer red personally.

get it flame red or mexico red.

or go white

GTE TURBZ
07-11-06, 09:43 PM
can you describe or got a pic of lucifer or mexico red, sorry white's a no no

mikey14sr
07-11-06, 10:20 PM
lucifer is a pug color, check the paint code for the correct color, it'll be on the vin plate on the slam panel. Look here (http://www.novaload.net/forum/showthread.php?t=62322) for a list of paint codes and colors.

superfu-kingnova
08-11-06, 12:47 AM
Guys and Gals, im restoring a red nova gte to its former glory, havent decided on the shade of red i wanna go for yet that reflects its orignal colour.

ive seen this colour called 'dark red' that looks near enough like the original paint even slightly red-er and with all the new vinyl will look like its just come off the production line.....

any suggestions, only mods i wanna do is a bee-sting ariel,

but later on if i get bored........drop it with some cav gsi 15's with low profiles!

i agree about the cav gsi 15"s , both my nova's are riding on them , i think they look the nuts !! (and their from its big brother) :thumb:

less is more !!!! :cool:

L14MNP
08-11-06, 02:20 AM
Rosso red or Guards red imo!

I'm gona get the Rosso soon :thumb:

SRlew
08-11-06, 07:37 PM
rosso red! my brother xr2 was in rosso red and that looked well nice!

my nova is flame red and thats a real nice colour too i think!

Philsutton
08-11-06, 07:54 PM
Mine is flame red (flame pink i mean), and for some reason no wheer seems to stock or mix the most common colour on corsas

GTE TURBZ
09-11-06, 10:35 AM
Cheers Guys, I need to look into it but yeah i think i want the shade that the fords come in, Like the XRr red (If it is rosso red). Even the red the new audi s3's come in is gorgeous its almost like orange really stands out. But will definatley look the bis in a dark red. problem is when it starts to fade:(

But anyway the guy with the 2 novas on cav 15's, got a set for sale mate (if there mint on 195 45's grip (i've even seen 40 profiles on 15's anyone done it? :)

craig green
09-11-06, 10:44 AM
A new coat of flame Red is the nutts IMO.
All too often faded & poorly looked after when you look around at examples out on the roads (vectras etc) but I was gonna look into having a different Red when mine was sprayed, but I figured the shade matches somehow with the grey in the door handles, pillar vinyl & roof gutter trims etc.

I was advised to go for ICI paint as its much harder wearing.. Cost an extra ?100

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/turbocraig/Craigypics/CraigNova3.jpg

GTE TURBZ
09-11-06, 11:54 AM
very nice mate, have you got a paint colour code? and what does ICT stand for so i can relay that to the body shop, yeah know what you mean by the red complimenting the grey kit, side pillars etc...

I'm currently looking for the vinyl for the side pillar, but have only found it in a gloss finish called 'traffic grey', the bootlid was not a problem, got a nice black that looks similar to the original?

craig green
09-11-06, 12:48 PM
ICI are the chemical manufacturer that make the paint. A lot of bodyshops use the cheapest source to save money etc. ICI stuff is very hardwearing & more resistant to UV fading etc I was told.
Should have the same paint code as any Flame Red I guess.

try www.thevinylcorporation.co.uk (http://www.thevinylcorporation.co.uk) for vinyl.

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/turbocraig/Craigypics/CraigNova1.jpg