PDA

View Full Version : POPPING 40'S

Anonymous
27-04-01, 07:17 PM
I GOT A SET OF TWIN 40'S AND WHEN IM AT LOW REV AND PULLING OF SLOWLY EG AT THE LIGHTS I SOMETIMES HEAR A POPPING NOISE FROM THE CARBS ITS LIGHT A BACKFIRE NOISE BUT QUITER IN THE CARBS IVE JUST AD IT ROLLING ROADED AT ALDON AUTOMOTIVE SO I DONT THINK ITS THE TUNIN BUT THEY LEFT MY 32MM VENTURIS IN IM SURE THEY ARE MEANT TO BE 30'S HAD ANY1 ELSE GOT THIS POPPIN NOISE COMIN FROM THERE 40'S OR IS IT NORMAL AS I SAY IT ONLY HAPPENS AT QUITE LOW REVS WHEN PULLIN OF CAN ANY1 HELP CHEERS

Anonymous
28-04-01, 06:13 PM
not exactally sure mate but my mates fitted twin 40`s to his and his spits farts pops and crakles all over the shop. not forgettting shooting flames out the back on full blast which is nice when they exit from 4 3" pipes.

Micky@novaload.net :)

Anonymous
29-04-01, 06:32 PM
Shouldn`t be like that. I can drive mine like a normall car with the occasional pop when its cold. It sound like one of two things. Either the carb balance is out (they can go out quickly if not secured) or the mixture is to weak. The occasional pop is O.K. but 40`s shouldn`t be the handful that people believe.

=\_____
=/__|__\_
=|(_)___(_)\

Whoopass! :D

Anonymous
30-04-01, 12:00 AM
hmm my mate rang me today and said the 40` are coming off as the car is sold and the new owner doesnt want em "do u want them mick for ?125??"

ohh yess i want them matey

he rekons fuel econ is better than standerd when your taking it easy and only thirsty when u boot it so i asume his mixtures spot on (its been tuned up by sumbody or else)

his popping must be down to his crazy exhaust system (which is facking scary)

Micky@novaload.net :)