PDA

View Full Version : something doesnae feel right - I'm scared!

ade
06-11-06, 11:07 PM
Anyone ever get the feeling youre not in the house on your own - even though you are?!?

Went into the garage earlier on and was tinkering - as you do - but i closed the garage door to keep the warmth in. Beforehand I'm sure I closed my front door (its one with a handle that you lift right up).

Anyway - I live in a quiet area and can hear anyone coming up the drive so wasnt worried.

Finished in the garage an hour or so later and when I opened the garage door and went to the front door, it wasnt in the locked position anymore...

Nowt had been moved in the house but it didnt feel right.

However now I cant seem to shake the feeling that theres someone/something else in the house with me except me and the cat.

You know when you can kind of sense something isnt quite right (like when you leave a telly on and on mute you can feel its still on even when youre not in the same room) or are expecting something to jump out at any moment, or are expecting a noise like a creek or a grrrrr.

Ive searched the house from top to bottom, been in the cupboards (armed with my Walther PPK pellet gun) but not found anything. Even looked under the beds!

The missus is working away from home so its not her and the cats with me in the computer room but everything just seems so... quiet ...

Doesnt help that its a full moon either. Nor that Im near the end of a supernatural type horror book (James Herbet the secret of Crickley Hall).

To cap it all the little village I live in is called Balfron which literally means 'village of mourning' in Gaelic. This originates from a legend that the village was attacked by wolves, which stole children out of their homes.

They reckon it was Vikings but I aint convinced.

I'm gonna do another search - just incase...

:cry::cry::cry:

Jack
06-11-06, 11:10 PM
Tis somewhat eerie down here at the moment - lots of patchy fog around, quite thick in some places. Went out to take some arty pictures of the car, and was standing by a field which leads down to a small coppice which is said to be haunted... kept hearing what sounded like voices and people walking along the road towards me but nobody there. Didn't hang around there long lol

novabex
06-11-06, 11:11 PM
Dont be soft.

ade
06-11-06, 11:13 PM
pmsl!

Have always been told I have an overactive imagination..

hang on...summut just creeked and it werent the heating...

:confused:

philly
06-11-06, 11:47 PM
spooooooooky stuff!!

atleast its not halloween now though!!

but dont mass murderers normally tend to go for quiet little villages?! lol

Ricky G
07-11-06, 12:12 AM
my old girl is into all the spiritual stuff and reckons there is a spirit that wonders through three houses and there was a bloke that died in the factory that was here before the house! when she goes away i always think there is something in my mums room even tho theres ****all there! spooky!lol

Alex.
07-11-06, 06:32 AM
I live in an old farmhouse...half of it has fallen down, and when farmers were rich (lol) they had servants. The fallen down bit is where the servants lived. I've seen lights in that house sometimes when it's dark and heard voices as I've walked past. Mainly on the top level which is totally exposed. ;)

Jack
07-11-06, 09:00 AM
I hear voices in the night when I stay round your house lol

Matt2107
07-11-06, 09:35 AM
Normally if I think I can hear something then it probably means someones on the rob in our street.

Although I did arm myself with a knife last night as someone rang me to tell me my lights were on in the car.... thought maybe they were gonna nick my keys and beat me up or something so I took a 4" knife just in case.

Turns out I'd left the lights on and now I have a flat battery :(

draper
07-11-06, 10:52 AM
well i had the scariest moment last night, went to the chippy for a kebab with the missus, its only a couple of minute across the market place, all the chavs were there as usual playing football !! wtf is that about,playing football on a market place !! anyway were walking back and the football came over and hit me and missus (nearly dropped my kebab) swung round and was all "oi, watch it **** !!" he came up and apoligesed and told all the chavs to calm down with the football

never been so scared in my life, a decent chav ??

db_1.2
07-11-06, 12:39 PM
Tis somewhat eerie down here at the moment - lots of patchy fog around, quite thick in some places.

Was really thick here yesterday, my driving test got cancelled:mad:.

I know the feeling ade, i was like that this weekend when my parents were away, like when the house creeks, you know its the heating or something but becuase your alone you worry. That village sounds pretty creepy, the village i live in is called ''Dlton-Marsh'' which in gaelic probably means village of inbreads!:thumb:

Jack
07-11-06, 01:35 PM
Thick again this morning, but has cleared off now, like the cloud has risen up above the ground. Shame, as there was a stunning sunset over town yesterday, as all the fog surrounded Yeovil, itself being clear, and was lit up red by the sun.

Just had a thought. Has Ade been back online today yet, or was he attacked by werewolves last night? lol

Kinky Monza
07-11-06, 02:40 PM
Look out for those werewolves Ade haha

Lee
07-11-06, 02:59 PM
Always makes me giggle when people say that a house is haunted because 'some old guy died there'.

If tha was the rule of thumb, Hospitals should be the creepyest places on the planet! You shouldnt be able to move from ghosts clogging up the corridors lol

I hate that feelin of not being alone though, when i used to walk up the road at 2am, pissed up, i used to think someone was following me, and being a country road, you couldnt see past your nose. I used to find my way via familiar bushes that id end up face first in!

Adam
07-11-06, 03:15 PM
Always makes me giggle when people say that a house is haunted because 'some old guy died there'.

If tha was the rule of thumb, Hospitals should be the creepyest places on the planet! You shouldnt be able to move from ghosts clogging up the corridors lol

Nah, because in hospitals people die naturally.... and they RIP

Whereas in a house/building say someone falls down stairs and die's, thats not a natural death, so their spirit can't rest, so their spirit haunts the place

So i heard on Discovery Channel on sky anyway :Dlol

Alex.
07-11-06, 03:47 PM
I hear voices in the night when I stay round your house lol

HeeHee....:p

Ricky G
07-11-06, 11:34 PM
in my head its pretty simple........your born......you get one go at life and.....well thats it you die.
im sceptical (aarrggh big word) about after life. i dont disbelieve it but i have no evidence of there being ghost's or anything. so i dont know realy!

Jack
08-11-06, 09:37 AM
^ Yup, you die thats it, you're dead - the human body is nothing more than a bunch of bones, muscles, nerves and organs. As said in another thread, I don't believe in ghosts - well not as "spirits" and such. Doesn't mean I don't get the sh*ts (no not like that) when alone in the dark, as said above hearing things in the fog the other night lol

Martin
08-11-06, 04:00 PM
Theres a really Creepy Mental insttuite(sp) near me called Caistor Hospital..

hasent been used for like 60-70 years and its been set of fire etc most ofit caved in but round the back theres a grave yard and a church with graves dug up WTF!! and all the head stones are like Steppin stones into the church

has a huge wire fence round it and huge bushes and the grass is 2times as tall as me i'm about 5ft 6-7 lol and theres straight jackets n other stuff laying around..

was walking round it once with 3 other mates 2lasses and antoher lad.. we was just getting into the grave yard and there was sounds of chains rattling i was ****ting my self anyway.. that just made it worse and to top it of.. a fcking door slammed and there was foot steps runing towards me and i went cold... i run liek ****...

but i had 2 run thru the hospital to get out and i'd just dropped my torch and lost a battery..

was like been in a flim man ive never been back since lmao..

Ade are you ok? lmao no wolves?

wisewood
08-11-06, 04:39 PM
I get anxious in the dark when i'm on my own. I'm fine right up until i turn the TV off, then thats it, someone IS in the house and WILL kill me in my sleep lol

I used to walk from and ex's house back to my mums down a path at the back of a housing estate, next to a massive expanse of fields. Because of the fence down the back of the houses, light would come over the top right into my eyes, rendering everything else completely black around me... about half way down there was some trees that blocked the light, so when i got to there all of a sudden my night-vision would kick in, and I could see what was around me for a few seconds until i walked a bit further and the light came over the fence into my eyes again. That point where you go from seeing f*ck all to seeing everything, and then back again was terrifying - every night... for about 18 months lol I never did get used to it.

edens-xe
18-11-06, 02:52 AM
i had a dream once where i fell down the stairs. when i eventually woke up i found myself on the floor in my hallway with my dog licking my face, lol i was lucky to only get bruises. i then decided to strap myself down at night incase i dreamt i was gonna stab myself or jump out of the window.lol damn that sleepwalking!!!!

Ash
18-11-06, 03:20 AM
lmao, for some reason i read (in my head) RJ's first post with a real strong zummerset twang, twas funning.

Also i hate that feeling driving though country lanes late at nite with fog. East Cinnock where my old school is, is the worst *shudders*

On a more serious note, if just got back from some mates house, because they had a laptop stolen whilst they were round our house. Funking horrible standing in a room where someone like that has been.

A

Matt2107
20-11-06, 01:20 PM
I'm not scared of anything... i must just be stupid.

Mike.
20-11-06, 02:47 PM

hasent been used for like 60-70 years and its been set of fire etc most ofit caved in but round the back theres a grave yard and a church with graves dug up WTF!! and all the head stones are like Steppin stones into the church

has a huge wire fence round it and huge bushes and the grass is 2times as tall as me i'm about 5ft 6-7 lol and theres straight jackets n other stuff laying around..

was walking round it once with 3 other mates 2lasses and antoher lad.. we was just getting into the grave yard and there was sounds of chains rattling i was ****ting my self anyway.. that just made it worse and to top it of.. a fcking door slammed and there was foot steps runing towards me and i went cold... i run liek ****...

but i had 2 run thru the hospital to get out and i'd just dropped my torch and lost a battery..

lol i've been there, theres some really creepy grafitti on the walls inside, i know the lad who did them lol, but because i'm a wuss i only made it to the front gate, turned round and sat in my car lol

lee 16v
25-11-06, 06:57 PM

where is this it sounds good do take some girls there and **** them up lol

its ok hug me ill save you woops how did my hand end up there haha

lee 16v
25-11-06, 06:57 PM
woops thats not my hand