PDA

View Full Version : MK2 wing availabiliy

novacabrio
06-11-06, 11:02 PM
Rang around today to order a pair of mk2 wings, non genuine. Rang my usual supplier and he said he couldnt get them, he tried 4 of his suppliers and no luck, I belive this to be 4 national distributers, and none of them knew if or when they'd be getting them back in. These at pattern parts aswell. Genuine ones are NLS I belive? Well one side isnt for sure. So I rang a guy Ive used before, same answer! As a final resort I rang a local auto parts company who are usualy useless, he said he'd had trouble getting them before so would need to call me back. Im getting worried at this point as my car has no wings on it!! He rang back and told me he' tried a few places and had no luck. My heart sank at this point. But changed to hes had no luck, excpet for one guy who had 2 pairs and would let them go at trade so they cost me ?27.50 each plus VAT and he belives these may be the last ones in the UK for a while? Not sure this will be true but thought i'm not willing to take the chance and bought both sets. It'd be a major worry if the like of wings are becoming not available from pattern parts suppliers. I will happen at some point just didnt expect this soon! May be worth checking with your local supplies if you will be needing wings soon. :confused:

Im keeping a supply of parts for future use and already have 1 pair of new genuine mk2 bumpers, 2 new doors, and now 2 new wings.

Kinky Monza
06-11-06, 11:10 PM
Try getting parts for a Monza pmsl

novacabrio
06-11-06, 11:12 PM
Red bull may be able to help

novacabrio
06-11-06, 11:13 PM
Try getting parts for a Monza pmsl

get a good car then you spotty whore :eek:

ade
06-11-06, 11:33 PM
ooh! thats harsh!

and how do you know shes spotty!

lol

try sel imperial - www.sel-imperial.co.uk

I got some panels from there a while back.

Ben
07-11-06, 12:04 AM
Read the whole of the "other thread" Ade, all is explained inside lol

Kinky Monza
07-11-06, 12:07 AM
Mark also called me that on MSN earlier, cheeky ****, love you too Mark xxxx

L14MNP
07-11-06, 01:31 AM
Rang around today to order a pair of mk2 wings, non genuine. Rang my usual supplier and he said he couldnt get them, he tried 4 of his suppliers and no luck, I belive this to be 4 national distributers, and none of them knew if or when they'd be getting them back in. These at pattern parts aswell. Genuine ones are NLS I belive? Well one side isnt for sure. So I rang a guy Ive used before, same answer! As a final resort I rang a local auto parts company who are usualy useless, he said he'd had trouble getting them before so would need to call me back. Im getting worried at this point as my car has no wings on it!! He rang back and told me he' tried a few places and had no luck. My heart sank at this point. But changed to hes had no luck, excpet for one guy who had 2 pairs and would let them go at trade so they cost me ?27.50 each plus VAT and he belives these may be the last ones in the UK for a while? Not sure this will be true but thought i'm not willing to take the chance and bought both sets. It'd be a major worry if the like of wings are becoming not available from pattern parts suppliers. I will happen at some point just didnt expect this soon! May be worth checking with your local supplies if you will be needing wings soon. :confused:

Im keeping a supply of parts for future use and already have 1 pair of new genuine mk2 bumpers, 2 new doors, and now 2 new wings.

I got some from Auto Panels in Birtley in August mate, did you try them today?

novacabrio
07-11-06, 08:46 AM
ooh! thats harsh!

and how do you know shes spotty!

lol

try sel imperial - www.sel-imperial.co.uk (http://www.sel-imperial.co.uk)

I got some panels from there a while back.

She asked me to call her it on the thread!!lol Sell-imperial seem to be no longer trading or their website has been hacked?

Didnt try the place in Birtley, but i', guessing they all use the same suppliers?

Jack
07-11-06, 08:57 AM
Sel website looks ok to me? :confused:

SRlew
07-11-06, 09:17 AM
yer the sel site seems to be working for me, just about to get a whole rear quater panel. hope there alright. any had one?

novacabrio
07-11-06, 10:07 AM
:D
Sel website looks ok to me? :confused:

yep it is now, but wasnt working all weekend and up till an hour ago, ask baxters he even noticed!! Perhaps baxter tried tampering with itlol

SRlew
07-11-06, 10:10 AM
ah right yer i couldnt get it to work yesterday evening when i tryed actually

Riggy
07-11-06, 05:35 PM
lol i asked my motorfactor for one yesterday and he said the same thing cant get then anywhere at the min

krobinson
07-11-06, 07:20 PM
Geniune ones can still be got.

Keith

novacabrio
07-11-06, 07:35 PM
Geniune ones can still be got.

Keith

only 1 side I thought?

Ben
07-11-06, 07:53 PM
Thats handy then!