PDA

View Full Version : Stupid question but....

Doygul
06-11-06, 06:45 PM
Right both of my headlights have gone and i cannot get the bulbs out... i no stupid question because it should be straight forward really. Just wondering if anyone had same problem and can help?

Jack
06-11-06, 06:51 PM
If both bulbs went at the same time, I'd check the relays, fuses and wiring...

Bulbs shouldn't be too hard to get out tho, iirc there's a wire clip holding them in which you have to twang (for want of a better word) to the side slightly to release it

Doygul
06-11-06, 06:54 PM
If both bulbs went at the same time, I'd check the relays, fuses and wiring...

Bulbs shouldn't be too hard to get out tho, iirc there's a wire clip holding them in which you have to twang (for want of a better word) to the side slightly to release it

one had been gone for a while the second went today, yeh ive tried that, even tried taking the whole assembly out it just wasn't happening, i will have another go later

ade
06-11-06, 10:17 PM
you have to push the clip across then down iirc. It flips back on itself.

I found the hardest bit was disconnecting the 3 pronged plug off the back of the feckin bulb! Instead I managed to pull the entire metal holding clip out along with the bulb!

superfu-kingnova
07-11-06, 12:42 AM
yes as Razorjack and ade said .

i also had trouble pulling the three prong thing off the bulb , i reckon they super glue the things lol

L14MNP
07-11-06, 01:33 AM
I'll 3rd that!

Thought i was gona snap something! lol

Doygul
08-11-06, 07:30 PM
got them off and got me new bulbs in now, yeh it was just a pain in the **** finding the pin with the rubber coat over it and i couldn't get the black plastic thing of whilst they were connected, anyway lol i ended up cutting the rubber off then it was simple, just hoping they now dont get water in them....