PDA

View Full Version : Digidash bother

Muttly
06-11-06, 01:47 PM
A buddy fitted a digidash but its reading double the speed as what it should. I remember this problem from fitting my own digidash but I've since sold the car and lost the fitting guide. If someone know how to sort it or even where that fitting guide is that'd be great, cheers.

Adam
06-11-06, 03:58 PM
Try flicking the red switch on the top of the dash.
If that doesn't sort it then you have the wrong type of transducer for your dash.

Muttly
06-11-06, 04:30 PM
No, thats not it. Its the right transducer and dash. Its something to do with a wire on the transducer and the signal to the ecu.

Adam
06-11-06, 06:14 PM
Have you tried the red switch?

Muttly
06-11-06, 07:40 PM
Ya. Its definatly the wire to the ecu. But I just can't remember what to do with it.

Adam
06-11-06, 07:47 PM
If the dash is registering speed then the wire from the transducer to the dash is fine.

Muttly
06-11-06, 07:56 PM
But its reading double the speed. I remember when installing mine ages ago that the speed would read double if some wire wasn't connected to the ecu. I think only1 wire had to go to the dash and 2 had to go to the ecu.

tom_beverley
06-11-06, 08:17 PM
Heres a wiring diagram if this helps, just a thought - is the dash reading in mph or is it set at kph?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v147/tom_beverley/NovaDigiDash.jpg

Adam
07-11-06, 02:40 PM
But its reading double the speed. I remember when installing mine ages ago that the speed would read double if some wire wasn't connected to the ecu. I think only1 wire had to go to the dash and 2 had to go to the ecu. Its reading double either because
A:The transducer is not the one your dash uses(the digidash has two different types, but theres many other types)
B:The red switch is set incorrectly on the dash, turn the ignition off, and flick the switch, see if that works.

Also, try the KPH/MPH switch as tom mentioned above.

The transducer has 3 wires, red/blue,black,brown.
Black and brown are ign live and earth, red/blue is the signal wire.
On Sri/Spi engines the ecu uses the signal wire too, if it doesn't get a signal it will bring the engine management light on.
And if the dash didn't have a signal the speedo wouldn't work, At all.