PDA

View Full Version : how do you set the gears up

lee 16v
05-11-06, 03:09 PM
iv just put a 16v in my sr, iv been playing wwith the gears i cant get it right, as i can only rev 1st,2nd, 3rd. or if i move it over i cant get rev or 1st

Stoo
05-11-06, 03:19 PM
Readx your haynes manual, desrcibes gear linkage adjutment in there!

Think u need to use a small drill bit to set it up IIRC!

Asa-James
05-11-06, 03:26 PM
if the drill bit set up doesent work, get someone to sit in the car with the gearstick in neutral, and tighten it up from there. its a good game of trial and error!

lee 16v
05-11-06, 03:52 PM
if the drill bit set up doesent work, get someone to sit in the car with the gearstick in neutral, and tighten it up from there. its a good game of trial and error!

thats what iv been trying lol but with the messes, she dont really know what im on about lol, ill try the drill bit thing, is this the drill bit in rev thing

Ben
05-11-06, 05:20 PM
There is a plunger on the gearbox selector, pull this out and push a 4.5mm drill bit into the hole, then whilst selecting 1st gear push the drill bit in, when in first the drillbit will lock into position, then select 1st inside the car and then tighten up.

That way sucks IMO

I normally select neutral or reverse and then tighten it up.

Riggy
06-11-06, 05:43 PM
also have you flipped the little plastic bit on the selecta through 180 degrees if you have just fitted and xe