PDA

View Full Version : Suspension?

novalyphe
05-11-06, 11:53 AM
Last night i was going round a corner at *cough* mph and my car almost rolled onto its side after almost drifting me into the ditch. Therefore i was wondering if anyone has any reccomendations on suspension kits. I'm after improved handling more so than looks.and would strut braces improve handling much?

Stoo
05-11-06, 11:55 AM
Strut braces
Poly bushes
ARB removal??
Coilovers if your gonna try and do daft MPH!!
Solid mounts

Ben
05-11-06, 12:29 PM
Spax adjustable kit lol

Nah any full kit will help but tbh should slow it down a tad at the moment with the ice and wet weather!

dannyb
05-11-06, 12:31 PM
My 1.2 mk1 has been done on a budget and set up as a road friendly car as its the car I use for chinese delivery, is only a 1.2 and is therefore nothing really special. It has a front strutbrace (?20 ebay), no front ARB, a rear GSi ARB (?10 from a Novaloader), an Apex 40mm shock and spring kit (?160 delivered from ebay) sitting on Cav steelies (?40 for 4 from scrappy) Kumho 185 55 14 KU31s (about ?34 each inc delivery from mytyres.co.uk). It will do most 'roundabout sized corners' at about 45/50 odd mph. The real limitation is the engine and gearing as it hasn't got enough power in 3rd to pull its sorry ass around the corners. Still, its perfect as a delivery car, it looks standard :) and I still get to show a clean pair of heels to others whilst getting paid to do it.

Stuart
05-11-06, 12:31 PM
a strut brace will do naff all imho... unless yoru after every lats bit of suspension adjsutment.. a bit of chassis flex makes the ride nicer while still having good shocks/springs to keep the handling good

Asa-James
05-11-06, 03:30 PM
try a set of springs-i got -30mm springs on standard shocks and the change in handling is stunning. the more money u got the better you can go, so i'd recommend a set of shocks to go with your springs and ur probably only looking at a few hundred quid for a half decent set