PDA

View Full Version : secondhand cams

Anonymous
24-04-01, 09:50 AM
Hi

I am rebuilding my 1.3SR Nova engine (using 1.2 head for higher compression) and
I have been offered a performance cam for ?40. I am on a very tight budget
and this seemed a good offer but I have been told not to use second hand cams. The cam
doesn't come with the followers of lifters but I have got an almost new set
currently in my 1.2. So would
using my followers with a different cam ruin them/the cam/the whole engine?

What else can I do to the engine baring in mind that I'm on a tight budget.

Also I've been offered a balanced and lightened flywheel for ?60 would this
be a worthy investment?

thanks

Danny

Anonymous
24-04-01, 12:30 PM
wta cam is it also as long as the cam has no marks on it i think it should be ok cause if it has it will ruin ur tappets

Anonymous
24-04-01, 04:59 PM
if you lighten the fly wheel you get a revvier engine but you loose torque. its a gamble you take yourself with the fly wheel. if you want the freer revving then get it but if you want to keep your torque then dont get it.

BEng Hons Automotive Electronics Engineering :) worship my electronics skills :D

Anonymous
25-04-01, 12:00 AM
you can get your cam reground and reprofiled at Autosprint competition engines for les than ?60 forstage1 2 3 or RACE CAL THEM ON 01675 464857

Anonymous
25-04-01, 12:37 PM
how does getting the cam regound work? Cus they are taking metal away but performance cams have bigger lift? are reprofiled cams any good?

Anonymous
26-04-01, 08:01 AM
They remove material from the bottom of the cam lobe so the lifter sits slightly higher, giving you a bigger lift from botom to top of lobe. Don't know how good they are?

"Theres something missing, I'm not all there, Theres something missing".