PDA

View Full Version : Good news + bad news

nova~norm
04-11-06, 09:52 AM
flew from aberdeen airport to leeds got taxi form leeds to bransley picked up new nova valver got so far up the rd about 1130 one of my mates had been fonin missed two calls from him tho tryed fonin back later no answer so any way continued on got to dundee went to tesco got back in to the car and my gf goes who is peeps i said boy fae keith (local town)she said had my sister on the fone he is dead couldnt beleave this just wanted to make this post to show you ppl out there this can happen to any 1 fools speed he also kill 2other ppl who was in the car at the time but thats not what an getting at all i want to say is RIP

Jack
04-11-06, 10:39 AM
Before anyone moans

I had flown from Aberdeen airport to Leeds, then I got a taxi form Leeds to Barnsley. I picked up a new Nova valver, then got so far up the road when at about 11:30 I realised one of my mates had been phoning me. I had two missed calls from him. I tried phoning him back later, but he didn't answer. So anyway, I continued on my way and arrived at Dundee. I went into Tesco, but when I got back in to the car my girlfriend asked "Who is Peeps?", to which I replied "Boy from Keith" (a local town). She said she'd spoken to my sister on the phone, and he is dead. I couldn't beleive this.

I just wanted to make this post to show you people out there that this can happen to anyone. Fools speed; he also killed two other people who were in the car at the time, but thats not what I'm getting at. All I want to say is RIP.

Yeah. Unfortunately it can happen to anyone. Yesterday Alex was going on about one of her acquaintances from 6th form who's just passed his test and has an (untaxed and uninsured) BMW 3 series, with which he was driving like a c*ck round the school in. No doubt he'll end up the same way as your friend.

Stoo
04-11-06, 10:43 AM
Sorry to hear that, RIP matey!

Jack, report him to the police if you see him driving like acock, or take his keys and call the coppers!!

Ben
04-11-06, 10:59 AM
My mates apprentice died last weekend in a big accident down here, 3x 17 year olds died in the crash, Always bad news.

dannyb
04-11-06, 11:04 AM
Keeping he speed sensible is something we all have to bear in mind, especially as it gets colder, wetter and icier. I'm sorry to hear about your loss Nova-Norm, I know how it feels to lose mates in seemingly needless road accidents.

SRlew
04-11-06, 06:37 PM
sorry to here this!

one of my friends brothers was just driving down the link road way when a car coming from the oposite direction decided to over take a lorry on the wrong side of the road. (second lane in the other side if you know what i mean) when he crashed head on into my friends brother, his car actually just was a ball off flames and he died. the driver that was overtaking the lorry was done for manslautor i believe

L14MNP
04-11-06, 06:43 PM
So sorry to hear mate!

I have lost a mate in a TT Supra accident and one lost a leg after crashing his Charade Turbo (this TIT still hasn't learned! I NEVER get in the car with him now - his mobility automatic 1600 civic)
Another good mate crashed his Corsa C head on into a gritter after falling asleep! - escpaed unscathed.
Also known a 4 more lads - not really mates, who have passed on this way.
My good mate with the FRP Fiesta could easily have gone the same way the other night!
When will people learn.... Life's too short and precious!

SRLew - thats horrendous mate! What a poor guy

rednova
04-11-06, 06:47 PM
Before anyone moans

Yeah. Unfortunately it can happen to anyone. Yesterday Alex was going on about one of her acquaintances from 6th form who's just passed his test and has an (untaxed and uninsured) BMW 3 series, with which he was driving like a c*ck round the school in. No doubt he'll end up the same way as your friend.

id get him shopped before something does happen - its his own fault :mad:

Christ
04-11-06, 08:01 PM
I had a near death experience on friday at work. Started on my way to a job in the works van, left before the screen had cleared and I turned into the sunlight and couldnt see **** all, by the time I saw where I was going I realised I was on the wrong side of the road.

L14MNP
04-11-06, 08:09 PM
Yeah it can happen very easily mate!

My sisters boyfriend died about 6 weeks ago, driving works van with no seatbelt on and hit a tree....

He was due to move into her first house with her.... :(

Jack
05-11-06, 08:52 AM
Jack, report him to the police if you see him driving like acock, or take his keys and call the coppers!!
I've told Alex to make a note of his reg plate next time she sees his car. IIRC there's an anonymous number you can call for people with no tax or insurance...

Mike.
05-11-06, 09:06 AM
sorry to hear about that mate.

draper
05-11-06, 09:34 AM
sorry to hear about the accident fella

nova~norm
05-11-06, 12:19 PM
was 3 ppl killed 17 yr old and 2 younger girls the boy died at on impact the others died whrn the car blow up well sad like was few ppl there that couldnt do **** all her the quines screamin i couldnt cope we that hope they r flyin high and r ok up in the sky RIP u3

Stuart
05-11-06, 12:38 PM
i know its terrible news but STOP TEXT TYPING FFS

Dan
05-11-06, 01:55 PM
to follow on from what stuart has just 'stressed' at the end of his post, the last person who 'couldnt be bothered' to follow forum guidelines swiftly disappeared :thumb: so please take heed of the warning

As it seems people cant be bothered to read the site guidelines a quote.....

Please refrain from using chav/text talk, this is not an sms and as such there is no limit on the number of characters you can use, make an effort with your posts, or we will make an effort to remove you

Lee
05-11-06, 03:33 PM
A friend of mine decided to use a tree as a brake and died instantly, taking his girlfriend and her sister with him. The tragic thing is that a few of us were taking bets on when he would kill himself, but you never put too much thought into whether it would happen or not.

Jim Mcrae
05-11-06, 03:42 PM
sorry to here this!

one of my friends brothers was just driving down the link road way when a car coming from the oposite direction decided to over take a lorry on the wrong side of the road. (second lane in the other side if you know what i mean) when he crashed head on into my friends brother, his car actually just was a ball off flames and he died. the driver that was overtaking the lorry was done for manslautor i believe
Sorry to bout your loss mate RIP. A mate of mine had a very lucky escape couple of weeks ago 80 into a bank, really nasty busines

SRlew i remember you were down my way a while ago so assume your reffering to the ND link road, its a dangerous roud that far too many fatals.:(

Jack
05-11-06, 10:47 PM
was 3 ppl killed 17 yr old and 2 younger girls the boy died at on impact the others died whrn the car blow up well sad like was few ppl there that couldnt do **** all her the quines screamin i couldnt cope we that hope they r flyin high and r ok up in the sky RIP u3
I can't translate that, sorry lol

Spudly
06-11-06, 01:09 AM
I think we have all known or know of someone who died as a result of poor driving or judgement, but sometimes it just happens!! Always sorry to hear even if youre not connected with anyone involved, i know a lad i used to hang around with when i was younger, and he was forever D.L.A.C. (driving like a cnut) and one night antoher of my mates was out with him in his seat ibiza cupra, and was bothered by his driving so much that when they stopped at a local petrol station he got out and asked another lad they were with if he could get in with him, because (i quote) "his drivin is real bad and he gonna kill someone soon"!!
Exactly five mins late he overtook the other two cars with him (clio 172 and the corsa GSi my mate had just got into from his car) on a blind corner and hit a 17 year old lad in a pristine K-plate mini, 3 hours later the lad in the mini was dead!!!
He is still driving as far as im aware!!!

Kinky Monza
06-11-06, 01:16 AM
Sorry for your loss chap, thoughts should be with the lads family

draper
06-11-06, 10:30 AM
I think we have all known or know of someone who died as a result of poor driving or judgement, but sometimes it just happens!! Always sorry to hear even if youre not connected with anyone involved, i know a lad i used to hang around with when i was younger, and he was forever D.L.A.C. (driving like a cnut) and one night antoher of my mates was out with him in his seat ibiza cupra, and was bothered by his driving so much that when they stopped at a local petrol station he got out and asked another lad they were with if he could get in with him, because (i quote) "his drivin is real bad and he gonna kill someone soon"!!
Exactly five mins late he overtook the other two cars with him (clio 172 and the corsa GSi my mate had just got into from his car) on a blind corner and hit a 17 year old lad in a pristine K-plate mini, 3 hours later the lad in the mini was dead!!!
He is still driving as far as im aware!!!

thats the worst, when a member of the public just nipping to the shops gets killed/maimed etc by some **** thinking hes schumacher

nova~norm
06-11-06, 06:18 PM
beenin the sun paper etc was on the news just 5min ago

Adam
06-11-06, 06:33 PM
I guess its the same story here:-
http://www.migweb.co.uk/forums/vauxhall/off-topic-discussions/288664-r-i-p-sam.html

Bad news, Rip.

nova~norm
06-11-06, 06:41 PM
yeh thats him like

ade
06-11-06, 10:29 PM
not sure if this is the news article it relates too -

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/north_east/6116174.stm

If it is it sounds horriffic!

I was up that neck of the woods seeing my missus whos working in Elgin at the moment and the roads round there are really twisty - some serious speeds can be achieved however one wrong move and its game over!

I know - I was overtaken by a gimp in a little Toyota Yaris doing over 100mph on the Drumochtar pass - I was in the Volvo (s40 sport) and has to emergency brake to let him cut infront of me so he didnt hit an oncoming car!

I swear I was shaking but still had the satisfaction of jamming my horn and flashing hin for a while afterwards!

He soon slowed down...

:>

muzzy
07-11-06, 01:53 PM
there have been numerous accidents on the A96 this year, everytime i use that road someone is driving too slow and somebody else then overtakes at the worst possible time/place.

R.i.p to your friend

Novadex
07-11-06, 04:05 PM
RIP mate! If you kill yourself driving like a di*k then thats your own stupid fault, but if it results in someone else who is in the wrong place at the wrong time then thats a whole lot of lives messed up just for an adrenaline rush! Thoughts with the family!

Ricky G
07-11-06, 11:23 PM
well recently 3 people died down the road from me. one was 18 and his girlfriend was 17 i think. and a 16 year old lad died aswell. the car was full so there was two survivors. one of the lads that survived said in a newspaper his friends last words were "i love you mate" and not in a gay way either. he will have that in his mind for the rest of his life.
it has affected everyone in this area and i have noticed a difference in my driving. i was the 1st to jump in a car and drive like a complete dick but now i have too many things going through my mind when going fast so i just dont do it. im not perfect but going past the tree that they hit and seing hundreds of flowers and pictures is enough to slow anyone down!
anyone in my area (aylesbury) buckinghamshire will probably have heard about it. all i have to say is R.I.P