PDA

View Full Version : Sub frames help

Nova_Tek
02-11-06, 07:57 PM
Right, having trouble getting in touch with the people that apparently do the subframes for the seats i purchased a while back.

Now I need to get them in and start finishing off my Nova as studies have finished :D and i got nothing else to do.

I have a question on "universal" subframes.

How universal are they? Will they need modifying or will any universal subframe fit on any bucket to any car mount.

Need one to fit my standard 1.2 rails. I have kinda had it up to here (forehead lol ) trying to find specific ones.

Many many thanx

Nova_Tek
03-11-06, 10:14 PM
Let me put it another way,

Has anybody evey used a Universal sub frame for rails such as 1.2 Nova's? Have you had to mod them to get em to fit or are they straight on jobbies?

Thanx

Dod
04-11-06, 12:28 AM
Right, i take it you've bought after market Seats? Side mounted or underneith?

Nova_Tek
04-11-06, 09:34 PM
Yep after market. The seats have rails underneath that slide back and forward.

I can get images if its any easier.

Thanx for your help :thumb:

Dod
04-11-06, 11:08 PM
Right, IIRC they mount straight to the flor, you may need to chop the old rails from the floor to fit them, alternatively, get a set of SR, SRI, GTE, GSI Sub frames, a grinder and mod them to your bucket seats. Post up images and i'll explain.

L14MNP
04-11-06, 11:42 PM
Yeah they bolt to the floor mate, don't bother with them for the cost etc!

Do what the man says and make your own! Wish I had now :wtf:

Nova_Tek
05-11-06, 01:20 AM
To be honest is it possible to buy universal items to fit them in then even if it costs a bit im wiling to pay as I'd prefer not to chop the interior, partly coz I aint got the bottle and partly dont have the time or tools to do so.

Now I once got a quote from the only place that did specific ones and that was ?120 for the pair. But I was wondering if its any cheaper with the universal ones and if any particular universal items fit into my car i.e. if any of you guys have universal subframes fitted, hence this thread.

Please let me know of any products out there.

I fully appreciate your advice, help and trying to save me cash :thumb:

Dod
05-11-06, 10:24 AM
All you need is a Drill and a 4" Angle Grinder, its just that easy. Offer the SR Subframes up to your seats and you'll see what needs doing, seriously, just try it.

L14MNP
05-11-06, 10:50 AM
I agree mate, for my Monacos, it looked like I would have to cut the brackets from the subframes where they bolt to the seat and weld some flat plate on in place and drill new holes - that simple, but I never had a decent enough MIG at the time d'oh!

Stoo
05-11-06, 11:07 AM
?120 for a pair of specific subframes is good!

Dod
05-11-06, 11:49 AM
I agree mate, for my Monacos, it looked like I would have to cut the brackets from the subframes where they bolt to the seat and weld some flat plate on in place and drill new holes - that simple, but I never had a decent enough MIG at the time d'oh!

I never welded anything on mine?? I cut the upright parts off on my SR Subframes, offered up the Mounting brackets on the seat, marked 2 holes (2 already there) drilled and bolted them up, simple!

Nova_Tek
05-11-06, 03:29 PM
Thanx for your ideas and help lads.

If i got any other questions I'll deff ask :thumb: