PDA

View Full Version : to build or not to build ??

draper
02-11-06, 12:07 PM
right then people, ive come into a bit of money that i had planned to put towards my (slow) nova build, however i keep seeing a few decent XEs and the odd turbo popping up for sale and im now torn between buying something with the hard work done or buiding it myself ?? doesnt help my shells on my mates drive and i cant really work on it there, plus his mum and dad are pressuring me to get it moved. doesnt help a couple of the lads have now got valvers/quick cars either :roll: and my dad keeps going on about how i never finished the last nova i tried to swap engines ??

Martin
02-11-06, 12:16 PM
Finish youres dude.. when you build youre own car you no it bolt for bolt..

mak it ure own car and make it unique ;)

i'v often been tempted to sell up and buy a ready made valver.. but.. then my mates would of been right "you'll never finish it nd "itl be in the scrappers ina few months" etc and thats wat drives me on t finish it

Jack
02-11-06, 12:29 PM
Do you have the time and patience to finish it? The main parts? The money to buy the remaining parts and work needed to complete?

Depends where you are at the moment with yours. What would you do with the current shell if you cut your losses and bought a pre-built one?

nova ian
02-11-06, 12:29 PM
Admittedley buying one already done is very tempting, but theres nothing more rewarding than when you stand back and say I did that.

I say keep on with your project, just maybe look into renting a unit or garage or something with the money you've come into, then you will have no one on your back and the opportunity to work on it when you like.

draper
02-11-06, 12:39 PM
i have the time, as for the main parts - erm, kinda got an engine and a shell that'll do lol

ive got someone interested in my shell so no doubt he'll be rigging the poll lol

SRlew
02-11-06, 01:08 PM
;) i aint rigging nothing! LMFAO

Matt2107
02-11-06, 01:51 PM
Smart money says buy a valver but I still voted build it as it'll be done just the way you want and you will be as proud as punch. Probably prouder than when you got engaged. :D