PDA

View Full Version : New grill

kronk10
01-11-06, 08:26 PM
Hi i went to the scrappy today for a new grill and after looking around there were about 6 which is strange for albert looms scrappy:confused: Anyway i found a gray nova saloon and took the grill for a fiver:thumb: got home to find that my old one was barely hanging on. The plan was to spray the new one while i had my old one on. So i put the grey one on and i thought it looks ok, iam going to get my bumpers resprayed and i think thats the grey colour i am going for, so should i keep it grey or spray it white:confused: heres the pics
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y48/jonboy100/jonnewgrillpics005.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y48/jonboy100/jonnewgrillpics007.jpg

Adam
01-11-06, 08:31 PM
What colour grey is that?

I wouldn't do the bumpers that colour, its too light for a white car imo.

A dark grey is best.

I was playing with the idea of doing my grill same colour as the bumpers, Hmm, might do that tomorrow,Lol.

kronk10
01-11-06, 08:57 PM
Should i have it sprayed to match my bumpers or respray it white. It really isnt that light but if i do get my bumpers sprayed (in a few weeks time) i need to make up my mind but its difficult:tard:. What colour should i do my bumpers anyone got any suggestions. Oh and i was thinking what would rally mudflaps look like on my car just big black rally mudflapswould they look ok:confused:

superfu-kingnova
02-11-06, 12:11 AM
IMO i think all white nova's should have black or dark grey bumpers , the contrast looks much better , and IMO i would spray the grill white !! just my opinion , goodluck with whatever you choose .

Welsh Dan
02-11-06, 07:53 AM
I'd spray the grill - it looks like you just slapped one on from a scrappy, and I think some mudflaps would look fine. Apparently mk4 astra ones suit novas fairly well.

Jack
02-11-06, 09:50 AM
iirc Epo's old SRi used to have a dark grille, but I can't find any pics of it to hand, and his feature has it with the white grille.

IMO it'd look better coloured to the body. Mk1's look good with bumper-coloured grilles, but I'm personally not keen seeing it on the Mk2.

kronk10
02-11-06, 03:49 PM
I am just gonna get the grill sprayed white when i get me bumpers done anyone know what colour grey to go for and how big should i have me mudflaps:confused:

Matt2107
02-11-06, 03:52 PM
Trial and error with the mud flaps I think.

If your using ones you have to cut mount them at top where you want them to start then just trim accordingly... only take a little off at a time.

Adam
02-11-06, 04:06 PM
Proper GM mudflaps fit novas fine, i have a full set on mine(especially good for winter to stop salt grit etc flicking up the door/wings)

Heres a pic of Epo's old nova with black grill, have a look on Nova-Chris's photobucket thread too, he used to have a black grill.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v86/Nova-crew/epo7.jpg

How come your having the bumpers painted? I think they look best in the std GM finish, and are less maintainence as they dont get stone chipped.

kronk10
02-11-06, 06:07 PM
Iam getting them sprayed because there knackered and flaking plus i want them shiny looking. i just want the cars bumpers to look as good as my paint i also need my tailgate touching up and other bits and bobs doing it will hopefully be this month but its crimbo soon so iam abit skint:cry:you cant see how bad the bumpers are till you get up close:eek:

Adam
02-11-06, 06:09 PM
My bumpers are sprayed, and they've been redone twice since April this year due to stone chips.

L14MNP
03-11-06, 06:34 PM
IMO it'd look better coloured to the body. Mk1's look good with bumper-coloured grilles, but I'm personally not keen seeing it on the Mk2.

Agreed! that's because the grille meets up with the wings on mk2 so any colour difference is glaringly obvious, but on the mk1 the headlamp is between grille and wing - so can get away with being a different colour imo :thumb:

kronk10
03-11-06, 08:57 PM
Agreed! that's because the grille meets up with the wings on mk2 so any colour difference is glaringly obvious, but on the mk1 the headlamp is between grille and wing - so can get away with being a different colour imo :thumb:

Agreed i keep looking at it thinking ''noooo'' i just have to wait till i can afford to get it all done ''such is life''lol