PDA

View Full Version : Getting even worse

Anonymous
21-04-01, 07:51 PM
Today my car stopped, just for a change! I pushed over the brow of the hill and manage to roll about a mile home.

I checked all the plugs, and none of them were sparking, wasa not getting a spak from the coil (which has just been changed). The spark plugs did not seem to be wet after trying to start the car and the first plug (drivers side) was a sandy brown colour and the rest were black, Cacked in crud.

I left it for about an hour then it started again but runs crap.

Please help cause if i cant get this sorted i have to admit defeat and take it ti a garage on Monday.
What could it be? X-(

B-) When you become a Taxi driver, is it compulsary to have a lobotomy?

[pug_dog]

Anonymous
21-04-01, 07:55 PM
sounds like distributer?

change all the wires for ignition, or at least check em all through

Anonymous
21-04-01, 09:24 PM
But if the distributer was knackered shurely i would still get a spark from the coil? :-/

[pug_dog]

Anonymous
22-04-01, 10:01 AM
if the plugs are coverd in dry black cak then the fueling is too rich in those cylinders. it could be a problem not just with yer HT system. did you say you got a new ECU??

BEng Hons Automotive Electronics Engineering :) worship my electronics skills :D

Anonymous
22-04-01, 08:17 PM
Yeah i have treid to different ECU's. So maybe it is flooding then, then it'll start a few hours later when the plugs are dry, and i wouldnt see the spark cause the plugs are wet!??!

[pug_dog]

Anonymous
23-04-01, 10:35 AM
it sound like it is over fueling so much it is carboning up the plugs. I'd get it set up.

dan69_gsi@hotmail.com
dangsi@novaload.org.uk

Anonymous
23-04-01, 03:11 PM
The bottom line is fuel is getting there obviously, but ocasionally the spark is cut off,OK. You have changed the coil so it can,t be that. So for some reason the signal is not getting from the ecu to the coil,OK. First thing is to check and clean all the connectors you can on the ECU and engine sensors. The ECU might not even be putting out a signal? if say the crank sensor was going faulty when it gets warm? I could even be a fault in the power to the ECU or the earths that get a bad connection when its warm? Look for where the black wires from the injection loom bolt to the engine block and clean it up, even if it looks good. Can't think of anything else other than to get vauxhall interogate the fault codes from the ECU which might tell you if a sensor is faulty?

"Theres something missing, I'm not all there, Theres something missing".

Anonymous
23-04-01, 09:40 PM
A mobile tuner is coming out in the morning. He reckons it would not be floodin as you cant flood an injection engine when it is running!?!?

He also said he wont be able to test the ECU as it is chipped and he wont be able to pick up the fault codes. I'll check what you have sugested Paul.

Cheers all X-(