PDA

View Full Version : Carbs, carbs wonderful carbs

Ash
01-11-06, 04:21 PM
Now im at uni and getting itchy fingers as i dont have anything mechinal to play with so i thought i'd bring my carbs up and rebuild them, small problem tho, i dont know what parts i need....

so far on my list is

rebuild kit x2
set of 32mm chokes x2

and thats it.

do i need anything else just to rebuild them?

and also i've been look at r1 carbs and since the TV feature i've been thinking about them more. so a few questions: would they give me better power than T40s? Better drivablity? Do you need management? Basically what would you do:- T40's or R1's?

Cheers

A

Matt2107
01-11-06, 04:26 PM
Sorry can't help you Ash except to say that I'm thinking of R1's rather than t40's just to be a little different. T40 setup is a proven working improvement but sometimes its nice to break away from the norm.

Adam
01-11-06, 04:38 PM
Go T40s.

No pissing about with making an inlet then, and there tried and tested.

Ash
01-11-06, 05:09 PM
yea but bogg bros do one off the shelf i believe. i heard that r1's deliver much smoother power, and so give better pickup/drivablity.

but then i do already have the T40's and manifold, they just need rebuilding.

A

Stuart
02-11-06, 08:13 AM
for which engine........

Adam
02-11-06, 03:01 PM
I assuming 1.6 8v, if so and you fit R1 carbs, chuck the 40 inlet my way :p

I had a good read of the TV bike carb feature today, quite a good feature, bogg bro's inlet is ?160 which doesn't seem to bad.
But, i saw it mention the carbs have a TPS etc for engine management, so not sure whether or not you can just run them with a 1400 dizzy setup.

If there the same size tho i dont see how they'll give more power than webers, as they'll flow the same amount of air.

Ash
03-11-06, 01:07 AM
yep it is a 1.6 8v (E16se) if they dont need management then i'll probably jump on egay and purchase some r1 carbs. My mates been nagging my to sell him the T40's as well. hhmmmmmmm.

A

Stuart
03-11-06, 08:10 AM
the tps is for IF you want to run management.... if you dont then no problem ;) just use the 1.4 ign setup

valverguy
04-11-06, 09:50 AM
i have a later type 1.6 8v engine (coilpak) thats just been dropped into my corsa.... what would it take to use the 1.4 ignition on this and run R1 carbs or webbers? I assume you can use standard managment by the replies above..... BUT wouldn't it be better to use some sort of after market managment?

mikey14sr
04-11-06, 11:38 AM
i have a later type 1.6 8v engine (coilpak) thats just been dropped into my corsa.... what would it take to use the 1.4 ignition on this and run R1 carbs or webbers? I assume you can use standard managment by the replies above..... BUT wouldn't it be better to use some sort of after market managment?

Swap the dis pack for a 14nv distributor, coil and mini-loom. For management you'll need an ecu to wire in to the dis pack, a crank sensor and the tps.