PDA

View Full Version : Indicator problem??

Martferguson
01-11-06, 11:05 AM
only happened last night which is well annoying.

indicators were fine and then suddenly they dont work!!??

they flash once and then stop flashing, all i get is the little green light on the dashboard which usually flashes, comes on. but it doesn't flash, it just stays green and no clicking is going on. any ideas what this might be?

i know its not the bulb because the lights flash like 3 times as quick if it is.

please shine some light on this, hope its not going to be too costly or hard to fix.

Martin.

craig green
01-11-06, 11:06 AM
if the lights flash in quick succession (sp) its usually a bulb out.

If not it could be the relay (in the fuse box).

draper
01-11-06, 11:23 AM
sounds like relay, but i can never remember which 1 out the 3 it is, try flicking them 1 at a time with the indicator on. i just replaced all 3 with 1s from a scrapper last time

Martferguson
01-11-06, 11:29 AM
thats cool, doesn't sound too difficult then.

would a new one be expensive of is it easier to just take a trip to the scrappy and take one out.

my initial thoughts were that it was the relay because it wasn't clicking on/off any more. will have ago when i've finished college and let you all know the result when i can.

thanks for the info and help boys. much aprechiated.(dunno how to spell!!)

Martin.

Novadave06
01-11-06, 11:44 AM
that happened on my 1,2 nova mate it was the reply under the fuse box has started comming out but once i pushed it in again they worked fine

Cheers,-Dangermouse

draper
01-11-06, 11:48 AM
not the fact there expensive just that i couldnt remember which it was, i had 3 in another car so swapped them

Adam
01-11-06, 02:55 PM
Yeah, its the flasher relay.

Martferguson
01-11-06, 04:38 PM
hi guys,

just got back from vauxhall and brought a new relay. on my dads credit card.
should of brought a new car while i was there!!!

cheers for the advice. was very helpful.

Thanks.

Mart.

Matt2107
01-11-06, 04:42 PM
Just out of interest.. and for anyone else wanting one can you put the part no. and price up?

Makes searching for topics more worthwhile :D

staggy_gsi
01-11-06, 07:06 PM
flasher unit mate, ive replaced loads on vauxhalls its quite a common thing for some reason