PDA

View Full Version : lowerin a valver

H15 NVA
31-10-06, 06:42 PM
anyone got a redtop nova not runnin coilovers? as ive got bilstein front shocks n wanna know what springs to use, currently runnin courteny -35 for the conversion but not low enough, seen few on here sayin -40 front which seems to be hieght i want, do they sit bit lower cos of engine? if so how do they handle? pls help as fed up wit quick car but riding so damn high"!!!!!

draper
31-10-06, 07:19 PM
coilsprings in sheffield will make you any poundage and lowering height you want

think there websites www.coilsprings.co.uk (http://www.coilsprings.co.uk) but could be wrong

superfu-kingnova
31-10-06, 07:51 PM
yea im runnin a valver (my new toy) its just on -60 mm uprated springs , no uprated shocks , handles terrible it wont corner for **** , and under acceleration on a bend you feel 'sea' sick !! im gonna get 'coilovers' not sure what ones (the suspension is the only thing letting the car down) , i want ones with a real low drop , but i will go for a reputable make . and 'bout what your sayin 'bout ride height , the springs are -60 and the car is -60 (judging by my other nova which is -40) . any ideas which coil-overs from anyone would be nice , bearing in mind i want a 'very low' option .. should have cash for new ones bout 3 weeks ..

craig green
31-10-06, 08:04 PM
We cut the Courtenay ones down (2 coils) way better.

You need the high poundage of the Courtenay ones or some to a similar spec. www.coilsprings.co.uk (http://www.coilsprings.co.uk) will shorten them for you properly if you prefer, or they will make some to your spec. Its quite probable they make Courtenays springs anyway.

ps if you wanted to go round bends effectively, you should have kept the smallblock!! LOL

superfu-kingnova
31-10-06, 08:07 PM
lol hell yes , still dust nearly anything on the straights , its just i live in 'roundabout heaven' for those 'in the know' . i still have my 'small block' for 'real' go-karting lol

H15 NVA
31-10-06, 08:19 PM
cheers peeps. as for your coilovers my mate is runnin avos and says best suspension he had. for ultra low maybe try fk?

superfu-kingnova
31-10-06, 08:34 PM
yea i was thinkin 'FK' , cheers , as soon as i get summin i let u know how it feels etc ..

DIY*VALVER84
01-11-06, 05:56 PM
eeeeee nooooo dont go fk you'll regret it.trust me. avo is way forward its just as low as fk and the ride is sooooo much better,ok so they cost abit more but why stinge out on a valver? especially if your going to be hitting roundabouts at speed!!! you might have roundabouts by the dozen but where im from all we have is damned camera's and ****e loads if feckin speed bumps...thats why i say keep standard lol!

superfu-kingnova
01-11-06, 06:10 PM
cheers for advice on 'FK' duly noted , not sure wot im doing as ive been reading a thread that says you gotta make custom turrets for the rear if you use coilovers . im just lookin for a straight bolt in (straight swop suspension) , so may go the route of normal uprated shocks n springs .

saloonwoody
01-11-06, 06:58 PM
We cut the Courtenay ones down (2 coils) way better.

You need the high poundage of the Courtenay ones or some to a similar spec. www.coilsprings.co.uk (http://www.coilsprings.co.uk) will shorten them for you properly if you prefer, or they will make some to your spec. Its quite probable they make Courtenays springs anyway.

ps if you wanted to go round bends effectively, you should have kept the smallblock!! LOL
what rear springs tho:confused:

Stuart
02-11-06, 08:21 AM
english people!!!!! ffs

H15 NVA
02-11-06, 08:17 PM
is cutting down courtney springs safe? or senisble as i thought thay were progressive??

DIY*VALVER84
03-11-06, 02:21 AM
shouldnt really cut them down but many people do nowdays,lol danger! you can get coilover kits that comprise the normal coilover front set up and on the rear they use an adjustable platform thing to raise and lower spring height. granted tho most good coilover kit jobbies do involve fabricating turrets and reinforcing a platform base to house the rear coilover setup. bit of a long winded process but well worth the final effect. standard is the way forward lol took me van out today on steelie rims lol pissed some young lad off in his dads subaru,shown him a good ol griffin victory in the traffic light grand prix...sorry to the woman i nearly mowed down in the process lol. if u see a white Lreg nova van speeding your way in the birmingham area then move...driver has total disregard lol! you have been warned!lol