PDA

View Full Version : c20xe smoking loads of white smoke ..

superfu-kingnova
31-10-06, 01:27 PM
ok , hears the thing i put way to much oil in the engine , :( and it was smoking loads of white smoke , i tried burning it off , didnt work , so we have just took it out through the sump plug , and it is now showing at the right level , but its still pumping out loads of white smoke out the exhaust . can anyone help , please ..

L14MNP
31-10-06, 01:31 PM
Sounds like the resut of too much oil blocking the journals/pump etc to me mate, white smoke though, usually head gasket territory..

superfu-kingnova
31-10-06, 01:36 PM
it was fine , till i put too much oil in , now its at the right level , but still loads of white smoke . i guess theirs still some in system (where it shoudnt be) . i was thinking the oil could get thrown out the exhaust ports , theirfore , still burning it off . but we are fooked now , not sure wots going on .

mini_kris
31-10-06, 03:48 PM
white smokes usally an indication of water isnt it? well was in my mates nova

Stuart
31-10-06, 04:02 PM
no no no no.

White smoke under load CAN be oil burning.. ie shagged bores.

anyhooo soulds like you over filled it and the oil has gone all over the place. you need to get the breathers off and clean them out, clean the intake manifold out and ensure that the ports on the exhaust and inlet are clean. then try again. if tis still smokking like a hoe then get a leakdown test/compression test done.

The excess oil might have some how naffed some seals etc.

superfu-kingnova
31-10-06, 07:38 PM
thanks for all your comments and info' lads , seems sorted , we drained the oil out the sump lug , so its at correct level , gave it a good drive and its cleared it out , no more white smoke :thumb: . but i hate to think wot the cats like lol . who's cares im de-catting anyway ..:D

Stoo
31-10-06, 07:41 PM
Valve stem oils seals possibly??

My old XE used to kick out white smoke but that was because of oil surge!

Have you done the breather mod in the rocker cover??

superfu-kingnova
31-10-06, 07:57 PM
basically mate , i put way too much oil in (oops) and it was pumping out white smoke , tryed to burn it out (engine running) clearly that wernt gonna work , so we drained it out the sump plug , gave it a driving and eventually it stopped smoking , (burnt alll excess oil , i hope ) , it has a 'cat' and now feels slightly slower , i guess 'cat' is clogged up with oil , im de-catting anyway .. i havent done anything will breather mod its how i bought it im very 'blonde' with the 'XE' engine .. it has a cone filter and 'no' sfi box , as far as i know thats only perf' mod' it has ..

superfu-kingnova
31-10-06, 07:59 PM
could you explain what you mean 'bout 'breather mod' ? thanks mate

Adam
01-11-06, 02:52 PM
Basically, in the rocker cover theres like a plate, you drill holes in it so that oil thats come up the breather hoses falls back into the head and doesn't exit the rocker through the pipe straight into your throttle body, giving blue/white smoke when it enters the cylinders and burns.

When you put too much oil in you should of drained it off, not started the engine.
Too much oil is as bad as too little.

Martin
01-11-06, 04:13 PM
any pics of the breather mod?

superfu-kingnova
01-11-06, 06:13 PM
Basically, in the rocker cover theres like a plate, you drill holes in it so that oil thats come up the breather hoses falls back into the head and doesn't exit the rocker through the pipe straight into your throttle body, giving blue/white smoke when it enters the cylinders and burns.

When you put too much oil in you should of drained it off, not started the engine.
Too much oil is as bad as too little.

thanks mate , ive learnt a lesson here , cheers :thumb:

Stoo
01-11-06, 07:04 PM
Ill see if i can get some pics for you tomorrow but basically, remove the rocker cover and turn it upside down, you will see an L shaped piece of metal held in place with a few screws, udo them all, and remove the metal, then cut the top and bottom pieces off, and leave the middle bit! (YOUll see what i mean when i get piocs up) then refit the little piece of metal and voila, replace rocker cover!!

No more oil surge!!

superfu-kingnova
01-11-06, 10:54 PM
Ill see if i can get some pics for you tomorrow but basically, remove the rocker cover and turn it upside down, you will see an L shaped piece of metal held in place with a few screws, udo them all, and remove the metal, then cut the top and bottom pieces off, and leave the middle bit! (YOUll see what i mean when i get piocs up) then refit the little piece of metal and voila, replace rocker cover!!

No more oil surge!!

that would be really cool Stu mate , i will have to mod' it , cant be dealing with that again , i will check for ya pics , thanks !!! :thumb: