PDA

View Full Version : how do i go this low??????

simonmarsden
30-10-06, 09:45 PM
http://www.novaload.net/forum/showthread.php?t=69027

sorry for nicking the forsale thread but its the best example i can find, i want my nova this low on the back end, but what lowering springs will drop it this low??????

slammed saloon
30-10-06, 09:51 PM
coilovers or 80mm rear springs should do the trick bud :thumb:
BG

philly
30-10-06, 09:55 PM
as above :)

Stoo
30-10-06, 09:57 PM
Cut ur springs

Novadave06
30-10-06, 10:03 PM
where can you order 80mm springs from???

lee 16v
30-10-06, 10:33 PM
do you mean the pic of it with the filler in, if so thats no springs and - 60mm shocks so its on the bump stops

Chris
30-10-06, 10:34 PM
why would you want to go that low? It will drive like crap unless you do some major modifications?

Novadave06
31-10-06, 12:28 AM
my brothers nova was 80mm all around and it was a sound drive and the cdplayer never jumped !!!!

Adam
31-10-06, 12:35 AM
It will handle crap, as the dampers have hardly any movement left in them.

NickWalliams
31-10-06, 09:26 AM
Ive been down the 'how low can you go' route myself! wouldnt recomment it! car will handle ****e the ride quality will be unreal and it will eventually cause you probelms with the car!

mini_kris
31-10-06, 09:36 AM
a decent set of coilovers are surely the only thing that will keep some sort of handling and get you close-ish to that low

simonmarsden
31-10-06, 09:41 AM
the only coil over sets ive seen for nova tho, are front adjustables but just lowered springs and adjustable shocks for back, unless there is a way to adjust em???????

Stuart
31-10-06, 09:43 AM
the AVO EVO kit have proper rear coilovers in them.

but if your keeping speakers/rear seats etc in then you HAVE to strenghten the moungint point on the car.

but as said. why the hell you wnat to run that low is beyond comprehension lol.

simonmarsden
31-10-06, 09:47 AM
its because u could say im not all there in the head :) i beleive in not doing things by half measures, so wen i lower it im going looooooooooow :D

total_vauxhall
31-10-06, 10:26 AM
theres no point just lowering the back that much though and not doing anything radical with the front al that car says 2 me is (light as hell steering and constant understeer)

simonmarsden
31-10-06, 10:31 AM
who said i wasnt doin anything to the front????? i just didnt kno how the back was done because all id seen was half coil over sets and -60mm springs, dont worry, front would match the back ;)

mini_kris
31-10-06, 10:34 AM
from my experience cars that low handle like pigs, my old beetle was 35mm off the tarmac and it was so low it hurt and it lost its "fun" over steering handelign characteristics(i cant spell lol) and it just understeered and was really hard to drive :(

Beany-Germany
31-10-06, 10:35 AM
To go this low you have to remove the springs. I think that no spring ever build for a deepness like this.

It must be a three winding spring or something like that ;)

Stuart
31-10-06, 10:36 AM
simon. Type PROPERLY!!!!

draper
31-10-06, 10:46 AM
pull a few fat birds and let them live in the back ??

id guess that pic has no spring as people said, since the rest of the car is stripped near enough. coilovers are your best bet but coilsprings can custom make any spring you want

NickWalliams
31-10-06, 01:24 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v180/clawsk/Nova%20Turbo%202006/NovaTurboathome002-1.jpg

Avo coilovers all round! Will be much higher when its back on the road in the summer

craig green
31-10-06, 02:30 PM
Turret the rear arches for coilovers. this allows you to choose where the top moint (datum) reference point is. You can also fit rear discs & raise the stub axle in relation to the beam so that the wheel will acyually be higher up the beam.
As for the front, Mega short dampers & springs or coilovers will be required & then reverse the track rod ends so they mount under the knuckle in order to reduce the bump steer you will suffer at that ride height. Camber adjustment will be a must also.

Good luck on your quest. Rather you than us!

SRlew
31-10-06, 03:04 PM
me and my brother lowerd ours loads a while back, they both bounced real bad, were were driving down the motorway and all i could see was my brother bouncing round lol then same with me lol but tbh on a realy smooth road it was perfect, it just stuck to the road round corners! but then it go back to feeling crap once you hit a normal road again.

JSeymour
31-10-06, 03:11 PM
corsa van dampers with 80mm costom springs.

i asked someone what sus kit he had on his nova that was stripped out but still sat lower then mine, thats what he said he had done!?! (the rear that is)

craig green
31-10-06, 07:21 PM
ignoring the filler & rust...
I think it loooks crap in those pics. Totally shot to bits & knackered. IMO.

Doygul
31-10-06, 08:32 PM
my cars quite low, not sure how low tho, its a pain in the **** at times you feel every lil thing in the road, the only good thing is handling round corners it jus sticks to the road... and yes my cd player jumps alot...

EuroPaul
01-11-06, 03:11 PM
Speak to coilsprings 89 colisprings.co.uk i think!! they made me a set of -90mm springs for the back of mine, dont care what everyone reckons but mine still handles perfectly, been to the nurburgring and back and round for 5 laps and cant see any problem with it....

This is how low mine looks :)

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i258/sbd16v/rear.jpg

lj
01-11-06, 03:27 PM
mine sits on 15's and they are tucked right up! u can only go so low before the wheel starts rubbing on the inner arch of the outer pannel.... mine touches every now and then. coilovers like the dude above said are ur best bet! then u can keep going lower until it starts to rub