PDA

View Full Version : Black parcel shelf!

Nova_Houch7
29-10-06, 11:57 AM
Right, just wandering, dont suppose novas ever had a black parcel shelf as standard did they!

Also does anyone have a black one that you may have sprayed etc ?

L

novaco
29-10-06, 12:35 PM
i have a black mdf one that i retrimmed in acoustic carpet?

General Baxter
29-10-06, 12:56 PM
the opel corsa gt had loads of black stuff in :)

dannyb
29-10-06, 01:01 PM
Although I used grey carpet, I used acoustic carpet when I made a stealth shelf. This could be done in black and will reduce the likelyhood of some scrote smashing your back window/cutting up the seal to nick your shelf speakers (assuming you've got some) and it will look good and standard.

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i246/dannyblo/Stealthshelfundersidepb.jpg

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i246/dannyblo/Stealthshelfpb.jpg

Nova_Houch7
29-10-06, 02:31 PM
yeh i might have a go at that then!

Does is not effect the sound, being under carpet then, and yes i do have some infinity 6x9's for the shelf :)

L

Matt2107
30-10-06, 10:31 AM
You can also buy them ready made or in kit form.... and I think you can buy them in black.

boredbloke
30-10-06, 12:30 PM
if your gona retrim the shelf then put a 3mm layer of MDF on top for the 6x9's to sit on too, U'll get a much better sound from them, although tbh I'd stay clear on 6x9's... the sound quality is not nearly as good...

Nova_Houch7
30-10-06, 06:01 PM
right ok guys, thanks.

ill look into sortin mine out, or buyin one if any one has one for sale.

cheers, Luke

Adam
30-10-06, 06:05 PM
Just get a ?3 can of matt black spray.
Works great.

dannyb
30-10-06, 06:14 PM
Does is not effect the sound, being under carpet then, and yes i do have some infinity 6x9's for the shelf :)

Its acoustic carpet, it has a very loose weave so the sound comes through ok, but you still can't see through it. Perfect for a stealth shelf where you dont want any indication of the speakers (you will be screwing the speakers up onto the underside of the re inforced shelf, not sinking them into the hole you've just cut)
I can see where people are coming from when they say 6x9s aren't all that good. If I had a sub I wouldn't have 6x9s, Id probably go for 17cm component speakers. As you can see by my meagre soundsystem, I have just amped a set of 6x9s as they are a jack of all trades speaker and I still have space in the boot. TBH I don't have that much of a hard-on over ICE, the nova on stiff shocks isn't the best acoustic environment, with its creaks and knocks - this set up is loud enough to drown out that noise and motorway noise and I am still able to hear some bass!
If you need any more pics Houch just PM me or add me to MSN mate

Rob
01-11-06, 10:20 PM
yes they did do a black shelf as standard,you can find them in a gsi,i no its no good but i,ve got one but its sold soz

Nova_Houch7
02-11-06, 06:21 PM
thas ok no worries, thanks for the info!

L