PDA

View Full Version : Brakes

Anonymous
20-04-01, 05:04 PM
Due to the fact of standard Nova brakes being crap I was wondering whether Cavalier brakes would fit on my 'G' reg Nova 1.2 Swing.

Anonymous
20-04-01, 05:14 PM
yeah they should do.

dan69_gsi@hotmail.com
dangsi@novaload.org.uk

Anonymous
20-04-01, 06:57 PM
as long as they arent too big for yer wheels. ie if you have std ones then the 236mm ones are for you and if you have 14" (maybe more im not 100% sure) then the 256 mm ones would be better

BEng Hons Automotive Electronics Engineering :) worship my electronics skills :D

Anonymous
21-04-01, 03:10 AM
i keep saying this but people dont listen... get a gte servo on there ! its bigger than the others and therefore more brake power, its cheap and easy to fit and you dont even have to bleed the brakes etc..
it wont make a difference like new( bigger ) calipers would but its enough for the brakes to be bareable.

True, True...

Anonymous
21-04-01, 01:31 PM
Is the GTE servo the same as the GSI servo. I didnt know this and it might be a way of inproving the brakes just that little bit more. I've already got calibra turbo brakes but they are not good enough.

Anonymous
21-04-01, 02:25 PM
get a servo off a bigger car than a nova. ie the cav/calibra etc

BEng Hons Automotive Electronics Engineering :) worship my electronics skills :D

Anonymous
21-04-01, 02:38 PM
Yeah but will it fit as easily, the gte will be a straight swap

Anonymous
22-04-01, 09:56 AM
only one way to find out. go on be daring