PDA

View Full Version : anybody bidding on the nova gsi 140bhp on ebay???

jamie gsi16v
29-10-06, 08:49 AM
just so you no the seller lives near me and is a complete lier!! for one its not 140 bhp, its not evan 120, the cars a ringer and got the wrong numberplates on, hasnt got gas shocks nore a full stainless exhaust, the car was written off and had differant plates put on so its not recorded!! beware

Stuart
29-10-06, 08:56 AM
inform ebay then....

Lozzie C
29-10-06, 10:03 AM
I think you should too, someone's going to be paying a lot of money for that otherwise.

Lauren

Kev Turbo
29-10-06, 10:06 AM
link????

Lozzie C
29-10-06, 10:11 AM
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/nova-gsi-140-bhp_W0QQitemZ170042874822QQihZ007QQcategoryZ9858QQ ssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

jamie gsi16v
29-10-06, 11:22 AM
to be honest the people who are bidding are abit dim anyway, dont see how he thinks he can get 140bhp out a gte engine on the standard inlet/airbox/throttle body? he bought the engine like that with no proof or history and no spec so where does he get 140bhp from??

Stoo
29-10-06, 11:23 AM
Not another Majika GSI special is it?

General Baxter
29-10-06, 11:26 AM
Not another Majika GSI special is it?

classic lol

Stoo
29-10-06, 11:28 AM
I do apologise if i have missed something!!! But whats so funny??

General Baxter
29-10-06, 11:31 AM
iv met him

2L16v - 4-1 manifold, decat, K&N = 230bhp to mr. Majika lol

dave_rand
29-10-06, 11:34 AM
gaskells mate

Stoo
29-10-06, 11:34 AM
Oh ok lol!!

Sounds like a complete tool anyway!

mini_kris
29-10-06, 11:48 AM
i think its a nice looking car though, even though the guy s is a pure bull ****ter

lee 16v
29-10-06, 11:59 AM
i was going to go buy this yesterday, i would have been well pissed off if i got there and it was ****, my misses would have kicked his ass,

im going to ask lots about it and piss him off on ebay hen little t**er
whats the point in liying its not like your not going to see when you get there, there is a big dif fom 100 bhp and 140 bhp

lee 16v
29-10-06, 12:04 PM
i just asked this

hi nice car, how can you prove that its running 140 bhp have you got print outs to show, do all the numbers add up on the log book to the plate and number stamped on the car what shocks has it got and what exhaust

what do you think ill get back **** all i bet

novaco
29-10-06, 12:32 PM
pitty! its a smart looking motor

simonmarsden
29-10-06, 01:57 PM
nice lookin but theres no way that ****s lowered 80mm on back :S mine not lowered at all on back and looks only a little higher than that, wat a joker

General Baxter
29-10-06, 01:59 PM
umm whats that red mark in the drivers foot well?

http://i24.ebayimg.com/05/i/08/c8/28/c1_1.JPG

mini_kris
29-10-06, 02:03 PM
original colour.....lol

Adam
29-10-06, 03:22 PM
dont see how he thinks he can get 140bhp out a gte engine on the standard inlet/airbox/throttle body? Well tbh, you can.
I'd put money on his engine being entirely std tho, its even still got the afm.

Philsutton
29-10-06, 03:25 PM
Isnt this one of your mates or used to be, or have i got confused?

Stoo
29-10-06, 03:54 PM
Red mark, Power cable for an amp??

c'2.0lrt
29-10-06, 04:26 PM
what is the red mark?

staggy_gsi
29-10-06, 06:45 PM
umm whats that red mark in the drivers foot well?

http://i24.ebayimg.com/05/i/08/c8/28/c1_1.JPG

looks like the power cable for the amp to me....

looks proper smart though, its a shame

Stoo
29-10-06, 07:00 PM
Thats what i said!!

craig green
29-10-06, 08:35 PM
Hardly stikes me as a genuine or honest car tbh. I wouldnt look twice.

letvalva
29-10-06, 11:06 PM
it hasnt even got the vin tags on by looks of it in them pics, would love to see the state of the floor numbers bet ya can see the weld marks where they have been put back in lol

it says top tint screen in the ad too................but in the pics it aint got one

what a clown

ste porter
30-10-06, 01:41 AM
went to view this sat spent 3 hours driving there and we went in my 2.0l 8v got there and by god as you come down the road it did look mint!

But it is F U C K E D the vin plate is missing and has a lump of ally self tapping screwed to the slam pannel with numbers dremel style engraved on it the entire engine bay is plastered in oil and has been hammerited in silver car hardly even ran in his deffence it has got a vernier pully on it but belt looks like its about to snap and thats all it looks like its got it smokes like nothing i have ever seen he freely admited knowing this and then added that he runs it on tractor oil!

it has the worlds crapest paint job. the paints peeled of the boot and is red underneath inside the boot its white and it looks like the bottom cros member at some point was blue! the wheels are scratched and kerbed 2 **** bottom of the doors are nearly gone rear arches are made of filler!

and to top it of he claimed that it was more than 140bhp when we got there and that it will piss on my 2.0l LOL
That was an invite i could not refuse

i estimate that my sri130 big blocked sr thats striped and ways a tad over 700kg with the 4 branch,straight through system,induction kit,f16 box and a few other bits and the fairly recent rebuild is roughly about the 140bhp mark possibly a little more not sure should in theory have been a fairly close match to each other

so if that was 140bhp why when we went out for a thrash did i not only do him of the lights and not my a small amount either but also when i sat behind him at 100 how did i just pull out over take him and pull away to the point of which by the time i was of the clock he was nearly out of view in my mirrors?

the guy is a tit it reminded me so much of majika gsi he is a gobby cap wearing spotty chav and all he could keep telling us is how he had some1 who was gona swop him a mk4 golf gti for it and when asked y hasnt he he got all defencive and started rambling more crap

jamie gsi16v
30-10-06, 09:47 AM
ha ha ha couldnt of said that better myself, you really have hit the nail on the head ste, the car is all filler and peeling paint, no even painted on the inside, there is no weld or anything round the chassis number on the floor as he hasnt even changed the number, i feel really sorry if anybody wins it!!! maybe they will see sense when they go and pic it up.

jamie gsi16v
30-10-06, 09:51 AM
Isnt this one of your mates or used to be, or have i got confused?

used to be, uv seen the condition of his cars phil, you evan had the ****ty corsa in for a while which hes driving around in now, just didnt think it was fair letting him sell it to some innocent person knowing it was a ringer!:eek:

SuperNova!
30-10-06, 10:22 AM
Has anyone reported it to ebay then?

Olli2004
30-10-06, 10:41 AM
I thinks its a shame too. It does look at really clean motor but obviously not!

Would ebay just not let him sell the vehicle on there?

Matt2107
30-10-06, 10:43 AM
if its a ringer then he's breaking the law... hence they would remove it.

ste porter
30-10-06, 11:35 AM
the black corsa he has on the drive is also a heap and on the phone he was also telling me how thats a minter ppl like this do my head in i came very close to just launching him what a waste of a saturday best part of 50 quid in fuel and about 350 miles on my clock that i didnt need what a tosser pluss the search continues now for a minter so if anyone knows of a standard ish tidy gsi or similar anything considered aslong as the chassis is solid i have cash and price i want to pay will be reflected in the condition of the car

draper
30-10-06, 12:14 PM
^^ at least you only wasted ?50 and a saturday, not ???s !!

Adam
30-10-06, 12:28 PM
Just goes to show how deceptive pics of a car can be.
Looks a complete minter in the pics, going by Ste's viewing, it obviously aint,Lol.

letvalva
30-10-06, 02:41 PM
it pisses me off when they say a car is mint then ya get there its a hanging shed, i went all the way to south wales from west cumbria to look at a nova that was "mint" ,i would have killed the lad if it hadnt only cost me 6 quid in veg oil to get there and back, plus there was a nice chippy so not all was lost

Philsutton
30-10-06, 05:20 PM
Wish i had some pics of the drive shaft he had in the corsa. I know he didnt make it or put it in but he's still driving it with it in lol Ive seen full exhaust systems with less bends in it than that shaft.

jamie gsi16v
30-10-06, 05:43 PM
the black corsa he has on the drive is also a heap and on the phone he was also telling me how thats a minter ppl like this do my head in i came very close to just launching him what a waste of a saturday best part of 50 quid in fuel and about 350 miles on my clock that i didnt need what a tosser pluss the search continues now for a minter so if anyone knows of a standard ish tidy gsi or similar anything considered aslong as the chassis is solid i have cash and price i want to pay will be reflected in the condition of the car

you after a full car or a shell, my turbo shell is for sale and it is 100% solid!!!! just wants some paint on the inside, all seam welded/plated withstood a 300bhp c20let for over a year, only thing which might phase you is it has a 6 speed gearbox mount welded on as i ran an f28? after 600 quid bare or 750 with doors wings and boot which are also 100% mint.

ste porter
31-10-06, 01:19 AM
may be interested mate but the project is a joint effort with a strict budget of 2.5k and 200 of that has gone on the current runaround a 1.0l g reg 2 door salloon that came complete with a moss covered roof lol will have a bit of a chat with my mate and see what he thinks realy we wanted something that means that we have 2 spend as little as possible cause it leaves more cash for the engine ect plus if we start on a bare shell like that we have then gotta alocate money towards an interior ect as the build spec that we decided on means that we want a full gsi interior ect so it may be easier to just find a complete gsi

SRlew
31-10-06, 09:51 AM
Wish i had some pics of the drive shaft he had in the corsa. I know he didnt make it or put it in but he's still driving it with it in lol Ive seen full exhaust systems with less bends in it than that shaft.

pmsl lol

i was looking at the car on ebay actually woundering if it was just some chav, but then i thought nah it carnt be cause in the pics it looked mint, so thought it could of been genuine, but obviously not!!

ste im glad you didnt bid mate!

Matt2107
31-10-06, 11:49 AM
Couldnt help mixing it up a little bit so I sent him the link to this thread.

Here's his reply.

who ever said that talkin ****. i will pay your petrol to come up and prove to you. its prob that **** from lincon who said that

Jack
31-10-06, 12:12 PM
When you going then? lol

Matt2107
31-10-06, 12:17 PM
Might be worth the jolly just to see if he would actually pay me the petrol.

jamie gsi16v
31-10-06, 02:00 PM
may be interested mate but the project is a joint effort with a strict budget of 2.5k and 200 of that has gone on the current runaround a 1.0l g reg 2 door salloon that came complete with a moss covered roof lol will have a bit of a chat with my mate and see what he thinks realy we wanted something that means that we have 2 spend as little as possible cause it leaves more cash for the engine ect plus if we start on a bare shell like that we have then gotta alocate money towards an interior ect as the build spec that we decided on means that we want a full gsi interior ect so it may be easier to just find a complete gsi

fair enough but then, atleast with mine theres no time/effort/welding etc to be done. what engine you going for, for 2.5k budget i could build a 280bhp nova turbo using my shell
750 shell
250 coilovers
100 mount kit
150 shafts
1000 on cali turbo for engine/box then brake the cali turbo and expect a good 500 quid back
leaves 750 after braking the cali, thats more than enough for wheels brakes interior and exhaust and a good copie evo 5 chip and fpr

leaves you with a very nice turbo

matt2107 cheers for dropping me in it, now he knows iv let his secret out iv got to watch where i park my car incase the little **** slashes tyres or keys it! well done

Lee H
31-10-06, 02:08 PM
Couldnt help mixing it up a little bit so I sent him the link to this thread.

Here's his reply.

who ever said that talkin ****. i will pay your petrol to come up and prove to you. its prob that **** from lincon who said that

Not the brightest idea as now he's going to have it in for Jamie who is only trying to help people on here out. Not very good seen as he knows him and is local. Should think about the consequences before doing things like that. :roll:

Matt2107
31-10-06, 02:49 PM
Last time I checked it was a public forum!

jamie gsi16v
31-10-06, 02:58 PM
yes it is, thats why i let the public no what the car was about knowing that the lad wouldnt come on here to see that i had told ppl, but now you have hadto give him the link for some unkown reason but to wind him up, you have dropped me in it, well done!!! there was no need!!!

letvalva
31-10-06, 03:37 PM
if he does owt just smash him in the face with a bat.

i would

Novadex
31-10-06, 03:54 PM
yes it is, thats why i let the public no what the car was about knowing that the lad wouldnt come on here to see that i had told ppl, but now you have hadto give him the link for some unkown reason but to wind him up, you have dropped me in it, well done!!! there was no need!!!

im sure that he will proberly come back to this forum to see what else has been said.. so if a few of us just make it perfectly clear that you are respected in here and should he do anything would be dangerous for him morso then you. Id be up for a drive if need be, just let us no if anything kicks off :thumb:

Novadex
31-10-06, 03:56 PM
And just before anyone Quotes me saying im starting trouble with what i just said, the whole point is to prevent any trouble in the fist place! hopefully no petrol will be wasted on this looser...

Mazz
31-10-06, 04:32 PM
Vehicle details

Manufacturer VAUXHALL

Model NOVA SR

Body type 3 DOOR HATCHBACK

Colour SILVER

Fuel type PETROL

Date manufactured 30 December 1992

Number of previous owners 7

The enquiry is complete The vehicle details for J169 NAY are:
Date of Liability 01 01 2007
Date of First Registration 23 01 1992
Year of Manufacture 1992
Cylinder Capacity (cc) 1388CC
CO2 Emissions Not Available
Fuel Type Petrol
Export Marker Not Applicable
Vehicle Status Licence Not Due
Vehicle Colour SILVER

Vehicle Type Approval
The information contained on this page is correct at the time of enquiry. Vehicle Excise Duty Rate for vehicle 6 Months Rate ?60.50 12 Months Rate ?110.00

Vehicle Details: Vehicle Registration Number:J169NAY Vehicle Make:VAUX Vehicle Model:NOV
Vehicle Stolen / Stolen and Recovered:
We Currently Hold No Adverse History On This Vehicle

Vehicle Write Off Information:
https://www.freevehiclecheck.co.uk/pics/warning.jpg

Mazz
31-10-06, 04:34 PM
Oh dear, looks like it does have some nasty history :(

Shame as its looks really clean in the pics...

draper
31-10-06, 04:40 PM
^^ and you have to ring a premium rate number to find it out, what a fooking scam !!

jamie gsi16v
31-10-06, 04:47 PM
funny how that reg you have looked up is for his old car that he wrote off, the actual car in the pics has a differant reg which he filled the log book in as scrap and sent it away and transfered the plates off his crashed car onto the new car pictured so he still had tax and mot, thing is that car is now ment to be in a scrap yard according to the chassis number on it!!

draper
31-10-06, 04:48 PM
funny how that reg you have looked up is for his old car that he wrote off, the actual car in the pics has a differant reg which he filled the log book in as scrap and sent it away and transfered the plates off his crashed car onto the new car pictured so he still had tax and mot, thing is that car is now ment to be in a scrap yard according to the chassis number on it!!

the guy sounds like a tool then !!

letvalva
31-10-06, 06:18 PM
looks like him ringing (badly) it has been a waste of time any way as that one is on the hit list by the look of it

what a clown

Matt2107
01-11-06, 12:59 PM
Jamie - In retrospect I probably wouldnt have done it but you did post on a public forum so should have been prepared for him to find out it was you. You can't assume that he doesnt check this forum or have friends that do.

I appreciate you were warning people off it but from the comments made on here if someones thick enough to buy it then they deserve everything they get.

Anyways... its done now!

Will be interesting to see how much it goes for and whether its relisted. ?5 says that it'll be broken for parts eventually.

craig green
01-11-06, 01:28 PM
engine capacity, 1388cc?? WTF!

Adam
01-11-06, 02:47 PM
engine capacity, 1388cc?? WTF!
1.4SR.....

ste porter
15-11-06, 01:15 AM
did he ever manage 2 get rid of the heap of scrap?

jamie gsi16v
15-11-06, 10:16 PM
news has it he managed to rob somebody of 800 quid!!!

lee 16v
15-11-06, 11:36 PM
Jamie - In retrospect I probably wouldnt have done it but you did post on a public forum so should have been prepared for him to find out it was you. You can't assume that he doesnt check this forum or have friends that do.

I appreciate you were warning people off it but from the comments made on here if someones thick enough to buy it then they deserve everything they get.

Anyways... its done now!

Will be interesting to see how much it goes for and whether its relisted. ?5 says that it'll be broken for parts eventually.

i dont think thats true, how would you like it if you didnt know about cars and you endded up with it, i called this to**er and he told me it was mint i was going to drive all that way to look at it, good job my misses talked me out of it, i think if i had found this car to be as **** as its ment to be i would have prob hit the little f**ker, and if i had payed the ?1400 he wanted for it, i would have parked it in his livingroom via the front window, i hate little t**ts that try ripping people off with cars.

Nobby
15-11-06, 11:50 PM
ooo at this thread lol looks a minter, surely it is worth ?800 in bits?? speedlines fetch around ?400 dont they id stil buy them if they were scratched for the right price right?? :thumb:

ste porter
16-11-06, 12:57 AM
yea but scratched is one thing almost square is another

jamie gsi16v
16-11-06, 01:15 AM
ooo at this thread lol looks a minter, surely it is worth ?800 in bits?? speedlines fetch around ?400 dont they id stil buy them if they were scratched for the right price right?? :thumb:

800 in bits??? i dout very much, speedlines were not evan worth 200, there ****ed and 400 for some speedlines they gotta be nearly new for that with new tyres, i think the new owner got ripped off at 800!!

Matt2107
16-11-06, 10:01 AM
i dont think thats true, how would you like it if you didnt know about cars and you endded up with it, i called this to**er and he told me it was mint i was going to drive all that way to look at it, good job my misses talked me out of it, i think if i had found this car to be as **** as its ment to be i would have prob hit the little f**ker, and if i had payed the ?1400 he wanted for it, i would have parked it in his livingroom via the front window, i hate little t**ts that try ripping people off with cars.

It's done... get over it! :roll:

lee 16v
16-11-06, 06:10 PM
http://www.novaload.net/forum/http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c170/lee216v/lolgif54.gif

letvalva
16-11-06, 06:50 PM
news has it he managed to rob somebody of 800 quid!!!

never, what use is to a blind man?

lol

Nobby
17-11-06, 06:27 PM
square?? pmsl my bad!!!

lee coley
18-11-06, 12:53 PM
it dunt say owt about a full stainless!