PDA

View Full Version : engine cuttin out when coming to stop

toby.d
28-10-06, 04:39 PM
havent been on here for a while.havent got the internet at the moment so dont the chance to come on here again.

i fitted a late spec nova gsi engine into my corsa about 2weeks ago now and have been having as few trobles with it.lately when iv been coming to a stop say at trafic lights or something it just cuts out and stals.so i have to switch it back on again. another thing is that if it doesnt stall it will drop the idle revs to about 200rpm whihc with a leaky exhaust makes it sound like a harly. the car has been fitted with a kent cam and has a superchiped ecu. im saving to get the car set up as the engine managemnet light stays on all the time. any help would be great guys. thanks

Riggy
28-10-06, 05:07 PM
what was the engine like in the nova ?

did you fit the cam ?

have you tried reading the fault code off to give you an idea ?

Dod
28-10-06, 05:09 PM
You looked at your earth, this has been a problem for many people. It comes loose and while underbreaking it becomes unattatched

toby.d
28-10-06, 05:10 PM
i had never got the chance to see what it was like.i brought it off one of my brothers mates. the cam was fitted before he brought the nova.dont even know what spec cam it is.
i dont know how to read the fault code. how is this done. iv read baout the paperclip test but have no clue what is involed. thanks

Adam
28-10-06, 05:45 PM
Do you have a speed sender fitted and wired into the gearbox, under the speedo cable?

If the ecu doesn't have a speed signal, you often get problems with the engine cutting out.