PDA

View Full Version : 2Litre novas and MOT

Anonymous
16-04-01, 01:01 AM
i just got my 2litre conversion done last weekend and the MOT is due in september. but im worried. Will it pass the MOT with a 2litre engine init ??? what can i do to make sure it does? cheers lads :)

Anonymous
16-04-01, 12:14 PM
make sure the emissions are set right and that its in the usual good nick for an MOT. The test dont matter about the size of the engine, its just about the general working order of the car.

BEng Hons Automotive Electronics Engineering :) worship my electronics skills :D

Anonymous
16-04-01, 08:26 PM
You also have to get the car weighed aswell as you car is classed as a kit car and you need the weight to make sure your brakes are up to it. I had to, bummer.

Anonymous
17-04-01, 09:14 AM
weigh it!!! as long as the brakes are as good or better then the car that the engine came out of then it should be ok

--- Novaload technical support open 24hrs ---
--- Phone/SMS Support 24hrs ---
--- Workshop services 6pm - 11pm Mon - Fri, 9am - 11pm Sat/Sun ---
--- 16v engine fitting advice ---

Anonymous
17-04-01, 07:22 PM
you are joking jimbo???

i had no such thing! sailed through no probs.

Innocent until proven guilty! X-(

Ian@novaload.net

Anonymous
17-04-01, 10:10 PM
I jest you not! I was sent to the local weigh bridge before they tested the brakes. It is required on kit cars and as I said they are classed as such. My MOT man was a tosser who was scared to pass it.

A good thing though your emissions are no longer put down to the age of your car as they are at the mo but you are let of with huge CO2's etc (I had a fecked airflow meter and the emissions were sky high!)

I know this all to be true coz I was getting WELL pissed of with MOT man as he had my car for over six weeks picking on the smallest things so of I went to the local DVLA/MOT office and complained. He had his testing station number took of him for a month while they checked him out and they did agree that he was taking the piss on some things on my car. Then gave him his MOT book back.

So it's true! but not every MOT man is a tosser. But might be handy to have the weight just incase the worst happens the insurance can't bomb you off!

Jimbo (with the most road worthy valver in the land)

Anonymous
18-04-01, 08:33 PM
errrm you wanna be really pissed off? mine passed with clear rear lights.
*cough* and white bulbs hahahahahaha

Innocent until proven guilty! X-(

Ian@novaload.net

Anonymous
19-04-01, 09:21 AM
Ian stop blinding me with those damm white fog lights!!!!!

--- Novaload technical support open 24hrs ---
--- Phone/SMS Support 24hrs ---
--- Workshop services 6pm - 11pm Mon - Fri, 9am - 11pm Sat/Sun ---
--- 16v engine fitting advice ---

Anonymous
19-04-01, 08:22 PM
Ha ha (barsteward) I suppose a good tip for any highly modded car is to pick your mot station carefully. Don't go to your so called m8's big brothers garage coz he will be a t0sser!

Jimbo (you r all barstewards)