PDA

View Full Version : No spark = No go!

Anonymous
17-04-01, 07:55 PM
Still having probs with me car. I.E it keeps stopping on me.

Story is it stops when it get to about 5000 Rpm, then it wont start again.

Checked the coil when it wasn't starting and there was no spark coming down the lead. Got one from the scrappy put that on drove around for a few miles then put me foot down, it stopped! Now it wont go again.

I have put the old coild on - still no joy.

What can it be? I am really stuck. I dont think it is the coil. Now my car wont go and i have no idea what it can be! Please, all your sugestions to get my car going again!

B-) When you become a Taxi driver, is it compulsary to have a lobotomy?

[pug_dog]

Anonymous
17-04-01, 08:15 PM
go for new leads, plugs, dizzy stuff. if that dont work then try a new ignition module

BEng Hons Automotive Electronics Engineering :) worship my electronics skills :D

Anonymous
17-04-01, 08:41 PM
Plugs and leads are fine. I am not gettin a spark from the coil! Which part is the module? I have a whole new coil, with the band that goes round it and the little round bit that looks like a coin that is on the bottom.

My missus has just been down to where i left it, and it started first time, but she got about half way home and it just stopped! Now it wont start again! HELP!!!

[pug_dog]

Anonymous
17-04-01, 10:08 PM
the module is either in the dizzy, or part of the ECU (depending on yer mota)

BEng Hons Automotive Electronics Engineering :) worship my electronics skills :D

Anonymous
17-04-01, 10:24 PM
Dizzy gone = Loads a ????'s out! Yeah?

[pug_dog]

Anonymous
18-04-01, 02:34 AM
Dont worry, he's talkin out his ass, u have a GTE right, same as me, well it has no module m8! I reckon its gonna be part of the ECU system messein up, i'll check mine 2morrow, but i think there is 2 cables running from the ECU to the coil, if either is not connected u wont get a spark! I did some messing about with these b4 i put my engine in, so i learnt a bit about it!
D
i
c
k
o

Anonymous
18-04-01, 12:02 PM
d1cko did i not say that it could be part of the ECU (depending on the engine)!!!

any way if you get no spark how come it will run?? hmm

Anonymous
18-04-01, 07:42 PM
It runs for a while, then it will stop. It wont get a spark for a while - therfore it wont start, then it will just start when it feels like it!

[pug_dog]

Anonymous
18-04-01, 07:48 PM
it could be a loose/dodgy connection on the ecu. or summink rattling round in the ecu

Anonymous
18-04-01, 07:53 PM
i ad that prob it was my dizzy is it injection or carbed cause mine is carbed and the dizzy i needed was the 5wire one which are well rare so it took me ages to get one but if its the 2wire one i got one for sale cause i bought it and found out it was the wrong one

Anonymous
18-04-01, 07:58 PM
Its injection. an 89 GTE, I have changed the ecu as well and it still did not start when it was having one of its "Moments"

How much you want for that dizzy? Is it hard to change the dizzy?

[pug_dog]