PDA

View Full Version : more majika goodies

draper
25-10-06, 11:03 PM
took my mates engine out earlier tonight, one that majika fitted that seemed to be ok. however as we weretaking all the hoses off and talking away my mate mentioned his blowers werent very hot, as i got behind the inlet manifold it turned out that he hadnt even connected the 2 water pipes for the heater matrix :roll: fair enough evrything else was ok apart from the ECU tie wrapped to the strut brace :roll:

anyway we carried on undoing stuff and the like untill it comes to unbolting the engine. as the fork-lift took the weight of the engine i prepared to struggle with the mounting bolts and....................came off easily, not much more than finger tight :eek:

the alternator wiring was best tho, instead of just unscrewing the blue/white of either alternator he cut them, ok not the best but to reconnect he just twisted the 2 ends together and didnt even insulate them !!

glad hes shut down, hes dangerous

L14MNP
26-10-06, 02:10 AM
This bloke is a a tit!

I've read a lot of bad stuff about him on here.

Cowboy in every sense of the word!

Stoo
26-10-06, 02:19 AM
All ive ever heard about this tool is bad press!!

L14MNP
26-10-06, 02:31 AM
All ive ever heard about this tool is bad press!!

I like what you did there, tool/press :thumb:

Yeah i'm bored and can't sleep yet! Damn back shift :tard:

Jack
26-10-06, 09:20 AM
Always wondered where Gaskell did his apprenticeship...

draper
26-10-06, 09:20 AM
Always wondered where Gaskell did his apprenticeship...

lol

SRlew
26-10-06, 10:13 AM
i carnt believe e'd let a car out like that!! i still carnt get over the pics of the one that got respryed! and the engine being finger tight is just a joke!

Philsutton
26-10-06, 07:20 PM
Ah ive been speaking to your mate today at the garage, i bought the engine an that off him. Said you had some real fun getting it out. Didnt realise that tool had put it in for him. Was speaking to him for ages about things do for the conversion, just making sure you dont forget anything lol.

Also i told him the codes for the ecu he needs as well, its PT or PL just incase.

staggy_gsi
26-10-06, 09:17 PM
i took the engine out of my majika gsi a fortnight ago! he did the same thing with my alternator wires and also my oil pressure switch! there was TWO sump gaskets on it which explains the oil leak, water pipes not tightened etc.

at least your mates ecu was tie wrapped to something, mine was hanging down the back and sat on the bloody steering rack!! the piston rings are fooked also, all this in a car which was supposed to have a recon engine in lol

nov4801
26-10-06, 10:43 PM
i had to take my engine out my majika gsi as well as i blew the bottom end to pieces, he a fcukin con, as he said the engine had been reconditioned etc

savs nova
26-10-06, 10:56 PM
It was funny gettin the engine out though draper! dangerous but funny! I tied the ecu up because it was hangin down the back! nice and safe.....not

savs nova
26-10-06, 11:06 PM
Oh and then i found out that he had not put a gsi engine in! it was a gte and when he brought it to me it had two manafold bolts missing the alarm did not work a burst water pipe, the wiring was a mess, the exhaust was blowing, oil n grease on the seats and a bolt missin out the bonnet! also the distributer was fooked n just to top it off the indecator fell out cos he put it in without the clip! once again safe.....not

draper
27-10-06, 08:59 AM
how would you know sav, you were busy playing with sealant !! yeah taking the engine out with a fork lift was eventful lol ive got a PT ecu aswell, ill add it to your bill

ste porter
27-10-06, 08:19 PM
guy was a tosser i won a car of ebay was surposed to be imaculate bidding went to 2400 for a silk violet gsi i got there knocked a 7 inch lump of filler out the sill put my fist through the floor and it wouldent even start