PDA

View Full Version : Mk1 Vs Mk2, whats your fav.?

clonebaby
25-10-06, 07:07 PM
Hi, maby the topic is alredy on the forum, but didn't find it.

Just wonder what your idea about the choise of pulling your prodject-nova for an mk1 or mk2 style...

Having some problems of choosing the right look for my track/sunday-car.

I realy love the early 80's boxed type of road killers whit straight lines like the NovaGTE, Golf1GTi, NissanCherryTurbo, ColtTurbo and so on.

But the more slick MK2 front and bumpers look more up2date and more likable.

What do you think?

Xample:

(Feature Cars - CRAIG BRUCES GTE)
http://www.novaload.net/images/car_images/1774big.jpg
http://www.novaload.net/images/car_images/1774big2.jpg

(Feature Cars - LUKE LANGTONS)
http://www.novaload.net/images/car_images/774big3.jpg
http://www.novaload.net/images/car_images/774big4.jpg
http://www.novaload.net/images/car_images/774big5.jpg

milkybargsi
25-10-06, 07:10 PM
mk2 all day long

NickWalliams
25-10-06, 07:11 PM
I like them both when done right but its entirely upto you mate its a tough decision!

clonebaby
25-10-06, 07:16 PM
I like them both when done right but its entirely upto you mate its a tough decision!
Yeah, like them both to, its realy a big deal for the look of the car and what its stands for.

Maby the question should be - what would look better on track, mk1 or mk2? hehe. :tard:

Matt GTE
25-10-06, 07:17 PM
In GTE and GSi form I don't think I could choose, they both appeal. Basic spec Mk2 models are much nicer than Mk1 though and I hate the Mk1 dash regardless of what spec car it's in.

clonebaby
25-10-06, 07:18 PM
PS, how do i make a poll out of this?

burgo
25-10-06, 07:20 PM
mk1 everytime

clonebaby
25-10-06, 07:23 PM
In GTE and GSi form I don't think I could choose, they both appeal. Basic spec Mk2 models are much nicer than Mk1 though and I hate the Mk1 dash regardless of what spec car it's in.

Do you mean, that if its a mk1, let it be that way, dont kill the original spirit?

About the org mk1 dash, its in the trash, cant drive around on tracks whit a big and havy dashboard :D

Stoo
25-10-06, 07:26 PM
MK2 all day long for me!

SRlew
25-10-06, 07:32 PM
i love mk 1's, when done right as said! i love the look of my mk1, nice and low at the front etc, but then again gsi's are growing on me now.

Matt GTE
25-10-06, 07:35 PM
Do you mean, that if its a mk1, let it be that way, dont kill the original spirit?
Absolutely, my last Nova was a Mk1 1.3SR and the original dash was very quickly binned and replaced with a Mk2 one. Ok if it was in a totally original, immaculate, concours GTE or SR then I would probably live with it but the Mk2 dash is far nicer to live with.

Mike.
25-10-06, 07:43 PM
i say mk1's even though i've had 3 mk2's, i was going to change my mk2 too a mk1 last year, still might on the new shell lol

Dave.
25-10-06, 07:55 PM
mk1

macc nova
25-10-06, 07:59 PM
mark 2 till i die

hagger
25-10-06, 08:11 PM
mark ones for me....but im biased haha!!
i prefer the older style lines of the mark one to the mark two.....but i prefer the mark 2 dash to that of the mark one haha!

Jack
25-10-06, 08:12 PM
Mk2, its more sleek and modern looking. Anyone who thinks a Mk1 looks better is clearly on crack.

/hides

Lee
25-10-06, 08:31 PM
LMAO RJ, i agree, the amount of people who think the MK1 dash is 'retro' has clearly been sniffing something. It looks like a wedge of wood with holes cut out of it lol

And im not keen on the MK1 bumpers either, with the wobbly bits lol

Ill always be in the MK2 camp.

..(awaits camp jokes)

staggy_gsi
25-10-06, 08:33 PM
i used to say Mk2 all the way but im not as sure anymore, theyre both mint in their own ways.

by the way, nissan cherry turbo??? lol

Dan
25-10-06, 09:06 PM
as above i am a fan of both, personal preference is mk1 tho as i have done the mk1 gte and mk1 bog standard look with the strip bumper etc (Looks better in real life than just on the photo's)

SRlew
25-10-06, 09:12 PM
LMFAO at RJ and BT!! i actually like the mk1 dash, i carnt wait till i get a standard 1.3sr! mine was ruined by rust, a f**ked dash by someone trying to steel the sereo, and my brother owning it as his second car and trying out different mods etc

Nova-Flair
25-10-06, 09:43 PM
MK1 looks tougher than the MK2 and both are nice in their own right (as long as you ditch those hideous orange indicators that came on the MK1's) but i prefer the softer, more modern look of the MK2.

That MK1 dash is criminal though, whoever designed it must have been blind while on methalated spirit! Im surprised they made the clocks circular to be honest!

nova ian
25-10-06, 10:13 PM
I was mk2 all the way, used to think the mk1 front end was terrible and that it looked as if the lights were going to fall out, but now they have really grown on me.

And after reading this thread most will think I am on something, as I am changing a mk2 into a mk1, Including the dash!!

Most would think this is insanity, but after already owning a mk2, and the fact that the 80's styling has really grown on me I just want one!! lol lol

bigbened
25-10-06, 10:28 PM
mk1s rule, and the dashes are better if they are done right

Lee
25-10-06, 10:36 PM
mk1s rule, and the dashes are better if they are done right

Ah you mean the 'removed' way.

I agree lol

bigbened
25-10-06, 10:49 PM
lol i meen flocked or summet lol

craig green
25-10-06, 11:08 PM
Its a tough call but as mk1's are a rarer sight, be it in magazines, on the net or out on the road.. I'd say mk1. Gotta fit the mk2 dash however.

Jim Mcrae
25-10-06, 11:08 PM
When done proelly the both look spot on. But will say mk1 as firstly i own one and secondly a nice one nowadays is as rare as rocking horse poo

L14MNP
26-10-06, 02:27 AM
I think I prefer the mk1. it looks more agressive imo. Prefect for the sleeper look or just stripped/caged/XE'd.... Bottom line is, they both look great, because of all the modern french/jap/euro modeled on a jelly mould **** that is clogging up our roads today, all of the Novas that are still around have a certain appeal to them!
I even appreciate the base spec models now "oh thats clean" etc. Whereas before I wouldn't have seen the potential!
However. as mentioned above, the mk1 dash is a crime! Any mk1 styled Nova won't look out of place with a mk2 dash, becaise it is still dated/period looking (but in a cool way!)
As for binning the orange indicators, **** that! They rock imo
Had mk1 wings, base spec grille and headlamps with orange indicators on mine a while back, and with bonnet pins, stripped/caged etc it looked hard as!
Onlly thing spoiling it was my mk2 bonnet, I had the double griffin going on, not cool lol

Jack
26-10-06, 09:24 AM
Bottom line is, they both look great, because of all the modern french/jap/euro modeled on a jelly mould **** that is clogging up our roads today
I used to hate G6 Celicas because they looked so round and bubbly. Until I bought a GT4, love it now :D

JSeymour
26-10-06, 10:28 AM
is it mk1 or phase1? the nova had a face lift and a couple of simple changes not a whole car redesign?.......

anyway mk1/phase1's get my vote. gte/sr spoilers look better,imo and i like how the splitter on the back bumper, side skirts and front bumper all suit each other. also the grilles fit better(though ive only had one phase2 so could just be me)

BIGS
26-10-06, 10:49 AM
mk2 all the way. But i do like the mk1 with mk2 bumpers tho

wudgey
26-10-06, 12:29 PM
mk1 are best by far lol no car can beat a nova sr they are ace lol

Ste L
26-10-06, 12:30 PM
i prefer the mk3 aka corsa :P

lol, only joking, i like both, mk2 gsi, or the very very early mk1 sr, with 2pc front bumper and grab handle-less boot