PDA

View Full Version : Why Hello There

novalyphe
24-10-06, 08:09 PM
Hi,

just thought i'd introduce myself, im Neil. ive recently passed my test and i am now driving a 1.2 nova, going well, at the moment all it has is a new exhaust, nothing special but it gives it a bit more oomph and makes it sound a darn sight better, getting a new stereo this weekend and will probly do more mods soon if i can afford em lol

looking forward to some good times in my nova :thumb:

coochiSR
24-10-06, 08:14 PM
welcome to NL mate, congratz! good luck in finding inner happiness on the site ;)
Dan

Lee
24-10-06, 08:16 PM
Good lad, an intelligent start to motoring! Welcome!

Adam
24-10-06, 08:19 PM
Welcome

coochiSR
24-10-06, 08:23 PM
and BT i ain't even passed yet so :P (SOZ FOR HIJACK)
Dan

Stuart
24-10-06, 08:28 PM
make sure you fit an alarm and immobiliser. ok they aren "fun" mods but they offer protection for future ones ;)

welcome

novalyphe
24-10-06, 08:33 PM
make sure you fit an alarm and immobiliser. ok they aren "fun" mods but they offer protection for future ones ;)

welcome

yeh i was already considering it. any that you'd reccommend, bearing in mind im a student with not much cash :confused:

Adam
24-10-06, 08:36 PM
Microscan are good for the money.
Well mine was anyway.

novalyphe
24-10-06, 08:37 PM
cheers :thumb:

Stuart
24-10-06, 09:28 PM
a dog lol

hendrix
24-10-06, 09:42 PM
taking off random HT leads at night....lol

Mike.
24-10-06, 09:47 PM
welcome to nl mate

Rob
24-10-06, 09:50 PM
great choice of first car mate the start of many no doubt

Jack
24-10-06, 11:14 PM
Welcome to NL. Those Diskloks which cover the entire steering wheel are supposed to be good for security.

draper
24-10-06, 11:22 PM
welcome buddy as for alarm my advice is get 1 off ebay (you can buy them factory sealed still) best you can afford then get someone to fit it for cash

Riggy
25-10-06, 03:49 PM
welcome to NL matey , there are a few ways to secure your car without buying an alarm , lol if need be we could always post them up again lol

Matt2107
25-10-06, 04:12 PM
I would consider a switch to shut the live feed to your fuel pump off.
Mount it under the dash where it wont get knocked when driving and isnt visible to theives.

And welcome to the site... where abouts are you?

Riggy
25-10-06, 04:31 PM
I would consider a switch to shut the live feed to your fuel pump off.
Mount it under the dash where it wont get knocked when driving and isnt visible to theives.

And welcome to the site... where abouts are you?

if its a carb then that wouldnt work lol but if you did it to the starter solonoid it would ,

also wire an ignition live up to your horn on a switch and if someone does try to have your car there is goin to be a big noise lol

Matt2107
25-10-06, 04:33 PM
if its a carb then that wouldnt work lol but if you did it to the starter solonoid it would ,

Hadn't considered that.. good job your on the ball. :D

Jack
25-10-06, 04:43 PM
also wire an ignition live up to your horn on a switch and if someone does try to have your car there is goin to be a big noise lol
PMSL thats an ace idea!!

wisewood
25-10-06, 04:47 PM
Greetings and salutations.

Make sure you get some form of visible security - full wheel disk lock would be good - that way a thief is less likely to get in your car in the first place. Having the most expensive alarm in the world is all good and well, but if all you have to show for it from the outside is a flashing l.e.d you'll find smashed windows and busted door locks common repairs on your weekend jobs list.

I fitted a hidden switch beneath the dash on my nova for the ignition, easy to do, and meant that the car wouldn't turn over without it being switched to the "on" position. Its not much, but every bit of extra security will help.

If you have a Mk2 nova, make sure you use the search facility or ask in technical for tips on the hazard switch "problem".

Welcome aboard - have fun, but don't be a c0ck :D

LMFAO. Not advisable if you, or your parents, or your neighbours work shifts. F*cking good idea as a cheap alarm system though. Especially if you remove a HT lead at night so they're trying for a long time to get it to start without success.

BEEEEEEP BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP BEEP BEEEEEP BEEP B B B BEEEEEP *funk this, lts go*

c'2.0lrt
25-10-06, 07:02 PM
welcome mate.

BigStan
25-10-06, 09:30 PM
Howdy