PDA

View Full Version : uprated engine mounts

SRlew
24-10-06, 03:48 PM
right im looking for some better mounts, some harder/solid one, i found these but i think they look a bit different, im putting an xe in aswell will these do?
http://www.pro-tecmotorsport.com/partsDetails.cfm?id=114

cheers, lew

Kev Turbo
24-10-06, 05:35 PM
they look very posh indeed,
most people on here use the TAS ones, they seem the popular choice
about 100 i think from demon tweeks and many other places

hope this helps

Riggy
24-10-06, 05:43 PM
the pro tec one are spot on fella , seans valver was on them , and chris uses them on his conversons :thumb:

i have the tas ones (i even bought them of you kev lol ) and they were a bitch to fitwith an xe lol but well needed

Dar
24-10-06, 06:10 PM
Get those ones. Im sure that you cannot get the TAS ones anymore.

Lee
24-10-06, 07:27 PM
Thats the set Ive got! The onlt down side to them is you cant look at them when theyre fitted lol

If you get them, ask Protec to send you two star drive bolts to fit the gearbox mount, as theres no room in the recesses to fit a socket. When mine were fitted to my blue one, a turned down socket was used and I since lost the socket, so Me and Dar had to do this when it came to taking it off lol....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v485/DPursey/Nova1-1.jpg

SRlew
25-10-06, 06:44 PM
so they'll be alright for when the valver goes in?
and i remember sean saying his mount were solid when i seen him, the engine didnt move atall. which is what i want. and looks like i'll buy some BT! i dont really want to grind the off! lol

Stoo
25-10-06, 07:38 PM
i have a set of pro tec solids!!

****ing awesome!! WELL worth the money!

stuartp
25-10-06, 08:22 PM
That looks pretty extreme bottlethroddy!! So pro-tec's are the ones to go for??

Stoo
25-10-06, 08:24 PM
or TAS but from my experience Protec - cant go wrong!!

stuartp
25-10-06, 08:33 PM
:thumb:

SRlew
25-10-06, 09:33 PM
im glad to hear some good things about them any way :thumb: cheers for he replys chap's

i take it the engine will be harder to fit with these on though?

Lee
25-10-06, 09:58 PM
Not at all! The only problem youll probably have is the front engine mount, as you can only use one bolt, and thats not really a problem.

SRlew
25-10-06, 10:24 PM
why only one bolt? ah aslong as people actually use them with the one bolt and not just me lol then thats alright. its ot as if im going to loose my engine if it broke lol

Lee
25-10-06, 10:47 PM
cos the rubber bush only has one hole lol, and everyone i know who has them has never had a problem, apart from Dave Marshalls blue one, as he didnt do it up tight enough...

His Signature on PVG read 'I found what was knocking, me engine was hanging out' lol

SRlew
26-10-06, 10:23 AM
cos the rubber bush only has one hole lol, and everyone i know who has them has never had a problem, apart from Dave Marshalls blue one, as he didnt do it up tight enough...

His Signature on PVG read 'I found what was knocking, me engine was hanging out' lol

LMFAO lol

ah right aslong as there tried and tested, are they alot more solid than standard.

will be ordering a set next week then.

Stoo
26-10-06, 10:58 AM
They ar eALOT More solid than standard!! Ie the engine does not mova AT ALL!!

Make sure your weldings done good and proper cos solid mounts are far from sympathetic to your bay!

The vibrations through the car are quite extreme!!

draper
26-10-06, 11:06 AM
think ill be ordering some soon aswell

SRlew
26-10-06, 11:08 AM
right so with solid mounts im going to have to weld the bay?

loggyboy
26-10-06, 11:13 AM
You should really be welding the bay anyway..

Uprate your mounts the easy way:

http://www.loggyboy.com/images/MeritMk2/EngMounts1.jpg

Stoo
26-10-06, 11:13 AM
To be on the safe side id say yes!

SRlew
26-10-06, 11:21 AM
right time to go get a big bottle of gas when the engines out then! i better get some more practice in. another custom exhaust here we come lol

Adam
26-10-06, 04:46 PM
Just fill the std mounts with tigerseal, job done.

stafford
26-10-06, 10:01 PM
www.chrisastleymotorsport.com (http://www.chrisastleymotorsport.com) i think does them there not as fancy but the do the job. i dont think they are that dear either

Lee
27-10-06, 04:20 PM
Just fill the std mounts with tigerseal, job done.

Ive been in a car with this done. It does do a good job, and probably the better option for a road car, but its not anywhere near like the proper jobs. They are as close as you can get to just bolting the engine in with no rubber!!

Adam
27-10-06, 04:23 PM
100% solid does have drawbacks tho, like sump bolts coming loose and falling out etc.
Lol

SRlew
27-10-06, 07:30 PM
^^ lol haha i see! i defo want some, just been looking at the chris astley ones tbh, looks like i'll get them along with my xe mounts, hubs etc.