PDA

View Full Version : Removing door handles and de locking

Anonymous
14-04-01, 02:34 PM
Hi all,
Anyway i wont to de lock and remove my door handles and have an entry system like a tvr. Anyone got any ideas on how the tvr's doors open just by pushing the switch under the wing mirror. Thanx

Anonymous
14-04-01, 02:36 PM
u need solineoids to open the door

look in scrappys for xr2i`s and nick the boot release motors

use these to open the doors

Micky@novaload.net :)

Anonymous
14-04-01, 06:14 PM
But dont forget i think its illegal in this country! U def. wont pass an MOT with no door handels! I think it would look wikid though!

Good Luck!
The Kevster

MY CAR WILL BE IN MAX POWER!!!

Anonymous
14-04-01, 06:52 PM
The MOT laws have recently changed. Previously as long as the doors could be opened from the outside it was legal, but now the regulations state that there must be a mechanical means of opening the door from the outside (ie a button) and that it is not dependant solely on an alarm channel to open.

Anonymous
14-04-01, 08:17 PM
So mechanical as in Jaws of life? HeHE!
So how could ppl get round this problem, no door handles but a means of opening the door?
Mmmmmmmmm, HELP!

The Kevster

MY CAR WILL BE IN MAX POWER!!!

Anonymous
14-04-01, 08:32 PM
lets keep thinkin then people, because it would look excellent.

Anonymous
14-04-01, 10:29 PM
Well if you look in last months max power magazine there IS a Nova with no door locks or handles! its red with a f*k off jap front!

Anonymous
15-04-01, 12:49 PM
Yeah i have just found the issue and the nova does have no door handles how has he got around it?

Anonymous
15-04-01, 02:24 PM
Did you conclude that perhaps he knows someone who can 'sort' the MOT for him ;)

Anonymous
15-04-01, 04:58 PM
Well he is a mechanic so the garage he works for probably does his mot ;)

Anonymous
16-04-01, 12:29 PM
Who cares that Nova in Max looks pants!

Quad Conversions afterburner kit.......Puke?
Impreza Vent.........................Boring?
M3 Mirrors.............................Yawn?
Kingdom Front Bumper......Soon to be common?
Red Paintwork.......Worse colour for a Nova?

Need I say any more? no!

Anonymous
16-04-01, 04:41 PM
Theres an old issue of Fast Car with a Lotus Astra in it with no door handles and locks. He has a button under his wing mirror which is linked to a motor which opens the door (not sure how it exactly works). I've enquired at my local car alarm place, as I'm thinking about it myself, It's not easy or cheap to do, but it can be done. Provided you keep your standard locking and opening mechanism on your boot you should pass your MOT, as that will be the means of entering your car incase it fails to work.
Good Luck mate, Jim.

"Beware of the voices"

Anonymous
16-04-01, 04:45 PM
The company that did that was calibre coachworks my mate rang about doing it for his GTE but they quoted ?600 for the work.

B-) "and a Persian Rug" B-)