PDA

View Full Version : Teknical Kweschon ?

DI4BLO
23-10-06, 05:34 PM
How longs a piece of string ?

Also what colour should i buy it, i know some people here are traditionalist but i quite like some of the more modern thread manufacturers.

If anyone else knows the answer to a question that requires an answer based on my own personal opinion could you tell me what it is :thumb:

Hope i have given you insuficient information to help me out. but in my defense i dont use forums much so cant construct a question or sentance properly.

Thanks for listening, its been a bad day and i'm glad work is over. Appologies.
Shame those i'm thinking of wont get it :wtf:

TommySR
23-10-06, 05:44 PM
my heads just froze i think

Dar
23-10-06, 05:57 PM
Defoo get a piece of string that long.
The colour over there looks nice as well :)

TommySR
23-10-06, 06:03 PM
think ive lost the plot lol

dannyb
23-10-06, 06:44 PM
Do you have to deal with mugs all day who ask the impossible as well mate?!

Nova_Houch7
23-10-06, 06:45 PM
The length of a piece of string, is actually............However long you want it to be, but then could depend on:
Did you find the string
Buy it youself
Given it
Ateemted to cut to a certain length but failed.......

Mant possibilites there mate!

L

Lee
23-10-06, 06:48 PM
Easy, a piece of string is twice as long as half its length.

And the colour will look like a shade in the dark which will narrow your choices.

DI4BLO
24-10-06, 08:31 AM
Do you have to deal with mugs all day who ask the impossible as well mate?!

Every day, and then i come here to get away from them and they appear to follow me lol

"i have some money what should i buy for my car?" The amount of times i just feel like typing "fish" but decide against it LOL

Well done BT, wasn't even expecting an answer, but supose your right proving i cant ask an impossible question :(

Mind you, might be boring if we all asked easy questions wouldn't it

dannyb
24-10-06, 12:36 PM
My usual thought when people put"what should I buy for my car" is if you dont already know and have to be told, dont spend it on the car, it obviously doesnt need anything if you can think of anything! Spend it on a pint and a drink for the missus instead!

wisewood
24-10-06, 12:49 PM
what shall i buy, something for my car, or a pint for me and a drink for the missus?

The something for the car must be of equal value to the drinks.

burgo
24-10-06, 01:08 PM
what shall i buy, something for my car, or a pint for me and a drink for the missus?

The something for the car must be of equal value to the drinks.and if thats the case that youve only got a fiver to spend on it then they must be a pikey chav so therefore i dont give a fook what you do

wisewood
24-10-06, 01:19 PM
depends on the expense of the taste of your missus. if she only drinks a particular vintage of wine that costs ?300 per bottle, you're no chav lol

Matt2107
24-10-06, 01:32 PM
Well assuming its a five... you should buy one of those monster ebay power chips.

wisewood
24-10-06, 01:37 PM
^^ is the right answer

Matt2107
24-10-06, 01:38 PM
I wish I could afford one... infact I wish I could have two... then I'd get double the power.

wisewood
24-10-06, 01:54 PM
and triple the torque

staggy_gsi
24-10-06, 07:02 PM
what the fook is this thread all about?! lol

i wouldnt waste a fiver on one of those power chips, theyre crap! id sooner take one of my doors off to make my car lighter, therefore making me go that little bit faster lol

draper
24-10-06, 07:07 PM
wtf !!

Lee
24-10-06, 07:36 PM
If some idiots mis typed their adverts on ebay, you could probably buy a 'cavelier', an 'Ashtra', a 'Nofa', a 'Calibre' and a 'Chevete' for the money and have 5p in your pocket!

No contest lol

Lynsey
24-10-06, 07:41 PM

well, cars suck... so I say buy a drink for 'the missus' and yourself and maybe she will suck too then!
;) :p

oops... sorry!!!

burgo
24-10-06, 10:06 PM
well, cars suck... so I say buy a drink for 'the missus' and yourself and maybe she will suck too then!

oops...:eek:

draper
24-10-06, 10:28 PM
If some idiots mis typed their adverts on ebay, you could probably buy a 'cavelier', an 'Ashtra', a 'Nofa', a 'Calibre' and a 'Chevete' for the money and have 5p in your pocket!

No contest lol

lol could only lead to some dodgy pen_is pills lol

wisewood
25-10-06, 09:38 AM

I'm not going to have my wife doing any of that business, she'll kiss our children with that mouth - when we have them.

dannyb
25-10-06, 09:49 AM

No contest lol

I would love a Cavalier Calibre, its got the dodgiest standard bodykit ever!

wisewood
25-10-06, 09:50 AM
Ebay doesnt let you do mis-spelled items like it used to, its had an intelligent search built in now.

Matt2107
25-10-06, 10:30 AM
hmmm I do love a good blowjob (receiving not giving)

wisewood
25-10-06, 11:36 AM
i personally find them disgusting

burgo
25-10-06, 11:38 AM
i personally find them disgustingare you human?

draper
25-10-06, 11:49 AM
best thing about blowjobs is the 10 mins piece and quiet !!

Matt2107
25-10-06, 12:03 PM
i personally find them disgusting

are you lying?

wisewood
25-10-06, 12:12 PM
no, i'm not lying. didnt mind them in my younger days, but never really thought they were all that great - and yes, i've had good ones lol

I just kinda "went off them"

Matt2107
25-10-06, 12:21 PM
Sometimes I think I prefer a good quality blow job to penetrative sex!

Nice quote ;)

wisewood
25-10-06, 12:24 PM
anyway... enough of that now lol

DI4BLO
25-10-06, 12:25 PM
Wow what a turn around for a thread ! 4 pages LOL cool

Blowjobs are good, but you can't beat a good cup of tea.

Matt2107
25-10-06, 12:43 PM
Wow what a turn around for a thread ! 4 pages LOL cool

I'm known for being a serial spammer.

DI4BLO
25-10-06, 01:54 PM
I'm known for being a serial spammer.

Your not one of them are you lol , another pet hate.

Hi i'm going to reply to your question without an answer just to compliment you on your car or say someone will know the answer :thumb: LOL

Best ones are sale threads there great, not interested in buyng so when you look at the thread seeing some reply you get excited to see some numpty say nice car wish i had the money lol

Think i'm suffering from SAD

Matt2107
25-10-06, 01:57 PM
lol... hmm that kinda sums me up really.
I tend to waffle on about stuff or just post something random... surprised I haven't had a warning or even a 24hour ban yet.

I'm worse since I've been temping... I've made 2000 posts since July now.

SAD is all in the mind ;)

L14MNP
25-10-06, 02:16 PM

No contest lol

you can lol

www.fatfingers.com

Jack
25-10-06, 02:45 PM
I'm worse since I've been temping... I've made 2000 posts since July now.
Long way to go yet son :D

Matt2107
25-10-06, 03:17 PM
Long way to go yet son :D

Show off!

mowgli
25-10-06, 06:37 PM
back to the string question.................
there is no correct answer. since the dawn of industrial string manufacture, string making machines can only actually make one piece of string each during their lifespan, because of the continual flow nature of the process, so the string machine has still not actually finished it's 'piece of string' thus the answer is infinity. watch mouse hunt on dvd for more information.

DI4BLO
25-10-06, 08:54 PM
Surely the machine makes 'A string' and we purchase a 'piece of string' as the machine only makes one string it cannot be a piece? might have to look up this mouse hunt?

Lee
25-10-06, 10:03 PM
exactly. The question was 'how long is A piece of string, not THE piece of string lol

Jack
25-10-06, 10:23 PM
Imperial String, or Metric String?

longeysgsi
26-10-06, 05:28 AM
none g stringlol

DI4BLO
26-10-06, 11:27 AM
Does this apply to rope aswell ? wish i hadn't started this as i'm starting to loose sleep.

draper
26-10-06, 11:38 AM
^^ id guess so since rope is just string on a bigger scale ??

wisewood
26-10-06, 01:07 PM
back to the string question.................
there is no correct answer. since the dawn of industrial string manufacture, string making machines can only actually make one piece of string each during their lifespan, because of the continual flow nature of the process, so the string machine has still not actually finished it's 'piece of string' thus the answer is infinity. watch mouse hunt on dvd for more information.

1. There is not just one uber string machine churning out ALL of the worlds string.

2. The answer is not infinity.

The questions was answered as accurately as is possible for the given information. The length of any given piece of string is in fact twice the distance of half its length. Any bickering beyond this is futile.

Novadex
26-10-06, 03:20 PM
"how long is a peace of string?" dose not contain enough information to get any reply, like "Whats the meaning of life?". You can`t get an awnser, when you dont know what the question is...

wisewood
26-10-06, 04:44 PM
Q. How long is a piece of string?
A. Twice distance from centre to one end

Q. What is the meaning of life?
A. Reproduction

As you can see, the answer the string question is significantly longer than that to the meaning of life - thus it is easier to define the meaning of life than to explain the length of a piece of string.

Novadex
26-10-06, 05:06 PM
Q. How long is a piece of string?
A. Twice distance from centre to one end

But you are still none the wiser of the lengh... An awnser to a question is a reply containing information relevent to the question, your reply contains no real information (because the question itsself dosent contain enough information).

Q. What is the meaning of life?
A. Reproduction

The quesiton has resulted in a wide range of competing answers and arguments, from scientific theories, to philosophical, theological, and spiritual explanations. So summing up the Whole meaning of life with one word that leads to more questions "What is the meaning of reproduction", "why do we reproduce" can be argued with.

lol

Lee
26-10-06, 09:41 PM
When questions get to this point i like to answer all of them with this one simple answer...

... Because the lady loves Cadburys Milk Tray!

mowgli
26-10-06, 10:00 PM
wisewood, how come you know so much about string? I've only watched mouse hunt with my kids & everything I know about string, and twine, is from that film.
I always thought the answer to the meaning of life was 42

Lee
26-10-06, 10:03 PM
Too much Hitch Hikers me thinks lol

wisewood
27-10-06, 09:05 AM
But you are still none the wiser of the lengh... An awnser to a question is a reply containing information relevent to the question, your reply contains no real information (because the question itsself dosent contain enough information).

I answered the question in the most accurate way possible given the data available. If you require a more accurate answer, provide a more precise question.

The quesiton has resulted in a wide range of competing answers and arguments, from scientific theories, to philosophical, theological, and spiritual explanations. So summing up the Whole meaning of life with one word that leads to more questions "What is the meaning of reproduction", "why do we reproduce" can be argued with.

lol

All biological life seeks only two basic things. Nourishment & Reproduction.

The nourishment is sought in order to keep ones self in top condition in order that reproduction be made as easy, and as often as possible.

The need to reproduce is the one key thing that all life has in common, people, dogs, cats, trees, flowers, bees, birds, fish - etc etc etc.

Thus the meaning of life can be summised in that one word, reproduction.

You can bring as much maths, science or religion into it as you like, the people who do that are simply out to make a name for themselves in my opinion. When you think about it, reproduction is the only true answer. It's the end of the road... what all life is trying to do.

If you start getting pedantic and saying "ah yes, but what is the meaning of reproduction?" then you're just out to make a name for yourself too, and trying to over-complicate the issue just like most other people do. Reproduction has a clearly defined meaning. Look it up :D

draper
27-10-06, 09:07 AM
ill put the kettle on

i can see this going for some time lol

Novadex
27-10-06, 02:38 PM
lol i like this, nothing like a good debate! But as mowgli said... the meaning of life is 42!!lol

You reproduce to make more life, so... what is the meaning of that new life? what is the point of its being? the quesiton is not what we do, but why its done? lol this could go on for ever lol

Novadex
27-10-06, 02:40 PM
I answered the question in the most accurate way possible given the data available. If you require a more accurate answer, provide a more precise question.

thats what i was saying, only in different context.

Lee
27-10-06, 04:09 PM
lol i like this, nothing like a good debate! But as mowgli said... the meaning of life is 42!!lol

You reproduce to make more life, so... what is the meaning of that new life? what is the point of its being? the quesiton is not what we do, but why its done? lol this could go on for ever lol

Reproduction = Sex

Who cares why we do it? Im not going to argue with nature! It knows best!!!! lol

dannyb
27-10-06, 04:47 PM
The nourishment is sought in order to keep ones self in top condition in order that reproduction be made as easy, and as often as possible.

Thats why I eat 5 fruit and veg a day to keep me fit so my missus will reproduce with me. If I was over weight she'd be having it off with the milkman.

wisewood
27-10-06, 04:55 PM

The meaning of the new life is reproduction also. Without reproduction, there would be no life (after the life of all life came to an end).

Every living entity is driven by an instinct to reproduce... and thus pass on it's own DNA into its offspring, which will then in turn be driven by that same instrinct to reproduce.

Humans have developed to the stage now where they can control that basic instinct to reproduce, but it is still there. Reproduction is the basis upon which all life is built - if you go out on the pull, you might be in it for the good time, and not the potential babies... but its the reproductive instinct which selects a potential partner for you - you like the rack/a$$/legs of a girl you see while you're out - and thats your brain choosing who would combine best with your own DNA to produce the best possible offspring to further your own DNA.

You could argue that the pursuit of immortality is the meaning of life, and that only by passing on your own DNA into your offspring do you achieve immortality - but thats making the same basic idea more complex again.

Reproduction. It's what its all about.

Thats why I eat 5 fruit and veg a day to keep me fit so my missus will reproduce with me. If I was over weight she'd be having it off with the milkman.

If you were over-weight, you body would also shut down functions such as sperm production - meaning that your DNA would die off by way of natural selection. Fatties do not survive in nature. Proving my point further.

Face it people - i speak only in fact.

mowgli
27-10-06, 08:07 PM
I think the nub of this debate is how you can successfully get a bit of reproduction with no strings attached.

Now that is nearer to the meaning of life

Ash
28-10-06, 02:31 AM
i'm sure theres a 'doughnut' shaped thing and every 'point' on it, is an answer to a question (or was i day-dreaming i math from 1998 - 2002?)

So 42 could well be the answer....

I think i'll google it...

A

Ash
28-10-06, 02:37 AM
http://staff.science.uva.nl/~rhd/math.html

Fermat last theorem! Or though i dont think it helps here or answer EVERY question every - math teacher was lieing to me obviously

A

wisewood
30-10-06, 04:34 PM
google has the answer to everything - but 99% of it is found on some blog written by a chimp in a "i'm blogging this" T-Shirt.

Jack
30-10-06, 05:06 PM
Google image search has the answer to everything.

"Answer to everything" = a chicken apparently.

http://modish.typepad.com/modish/images/get_jpg_detail_image_2.jpg

Google hath spoken.

Novadex
30-10-06, 05:16 PM
The meaning of the new life is reproduction also. Without reproduction, there would be no life (after the life of all life came to an end).

Every living entity is driven by an instinct to reproduce... and thus pass on it's own DNA into its offspring, which will then in turn be driven by that same instrinct to reproduce.

Humans have developed to the stage now where they can control that basic instinct to reproduce, but it is still there. Reproduction is the basis upon which all life is built - if you go out on the pull, you might be in it for the good time, and not the potential babies... but its the reproductive instinct which selects a potential partner for you - you like the rack/a$$/legs of a girl you see while you're out - and thats your brain choosing who would combine best with your own DNA to produce the best possible offspring to further your own DNA.

You could argue that the pursuit of immortality is the meaning of life, and that only by passing on your own DNA into your offspring do you achieve immortality - but thats making the same basic idea more complex again.

Reproduction. It's what its all about.

If you were over-weight, you body would also shut down functions such as sperm production - meaning that your DNA would die off by way of natural selection. Fatties do not survive in nature. Proving my point further.

Face it people - i speak only in fact.

A stupid argument really.. But if you were right then you should defently publish a book or something, because you could make a mint being able to awnser "the ultimate question!". im fed up with this argument now! im going! (Door slams)

Matt2107
31-10-06, 11:40 AM
Google image search has the answer to everything.

"Answer to everything" = a chicken apparently.

http://modish.typepad.com/modish/images/get_jpg_detail_image_2.jpg

Google hath spoken.

Where's its head? Thats what i wanna know.