PDA

View Full Version : Stoppers?

Anonymous
12-04-01, 08:11 PM
My arches are starting to tear a tyre on my car, i have it lowered but standard shocks as sporty ones are too expensive for me! my mate reckons you can buy these things called stoppers to put under the springs to help harden the suspension, does this work? Have you heard of them?

Anonymous
12-04-01, 09:06 PM
they are things that fill gaps in the springs therefore reducing the ammount that they can compress by. in short they will make any ride harsh as phuq. lots of people get em for when they tow caravans and stuff.

it may help im not sure. how much is it lowerd by??

BEng Hons Automotive Electronics Engineering :) worship my electronics skills :D

Anonymous
13-04-01, 12:01 PM
My car is lowered by 40mm it only scrapes onthe front drivers side and somtimes the rear drivers side when I go over big bumbs!

Anonymous
14-04-01, 01:55 PM
What does the tyre scrape on. Is it the arch lip on the back of the car:D

Anonymous
14-04-01, 03:37 PM
Ive had the lips cut off the rear arches but it still scrapes!

Anonymous
15-04-01, 10:28 AM
What size wheels are u running? I lowered mine by 40mm and had no problems whatsoever (apart from a sore arse - feckin bumpy roads)without any arch mods. Best to stick as close as possible to et49 offset, although u shouldnt have any probs with et45 if uve modded ur arches (im not too sure on that - any1 else know....)

HTH?

Anonymous
15-04-01, 03:34 PM
15ins with 195/50 rubbers!

Anonymous
15-04-01, 06:53 PM
so it scrapes on the drivers side with both wheels. how much space do you have on the passenger side. And what tyres are you using. Can you get a finger between the tyre and wheelarch on the front