PDA

View Full Version : alarm + immobiliser

Anonymous
13-04-01, 08:55 PM
i need some info on alarms/immobilisers. coz my 1.4sr has no alarm (even the standard nova alarm has broken). and i've heard that they are a target for 'scum' - so i need to know which systems you recommend:
*best value? (i don't have to much cash - how mush would i need for an alarm that will do it's job well)
*insurance approved? (this should lower my insurance quote)
*best performance?

thanx

paul@novaload.org.uk

paul@askins.com

Anonymous
13-04-01, 09:09 PM
you can get a good cat 2 imobliser installed for 69.99
thats a start

--- Novaload technical support open 24hrs ---
--- Phone/SMS Support 24hrs ---
--- Workshop services 6pm - 11pm Mon - Fri, 9am - 11pm Sat/Sun ---
--- 16v engine fitting advice ---

Anonymous
13-04-01, 10:44 PM
so what about the alarm?

paul@novaload.org.uk

paul@askins.com

Anonymous
14-04-01, 10:04 AM
go for toad or clifford. they are the best ones. but if you want CHEAP then get a cobra

BEng Hons Automotive Electronics Engineering :) worship my electronics skills :D

Anonymous
14-04-01, 01:53 PM
G AP are doing toad cat 1 for ?295 and do your self a favour, stay well away from a clifford they're to complicated.

Anonymous
14-04-01, 03:41 PM
your not meant to work on them yourself!! all alarms are complicated if you take em appart :P

BEng Hons Automotive Electronics Engineering :) worship my electronics skills :D

Anonymous
15-04-01, 04:40 PM
av got a toad A101 total closure system if u r wanting it m8!!!!!, it closes the windows etc :-)

:) mmmmm same shit different Day :)

Anonymous
15-04-01, 06:51 PM
Clifford have to many features, you dont need remote engine start. It's just more to go wrong and then the alarm goes off @ 3am because a cats crawled under your car, they are really sensitive. People only buy clifford because of the name. Keep it simple and you'll have less problems