PDA

View Full Version : Attn all Avo Coilover owners....

Lee
22-10-06, 10:06 PM
Anyone found a replacement for the utterly useless plastic grub srews on the collars? Ive been thinking of attaining some locking collars, as i imagine putting metal grub screws in would damage the threads...?

Any opinions / ideas?

Dan
22-10-06, 10:09 PM
tbh had no issues with the 'utterly uselss' grub screws, i set the car how i wanted it once, adjusted to fine tune and left alone. your not one of these that keeps messing around and ruined them are you lol lol :p

Lee
22-10-06, 10:12 PM
lol, same happened with me, i set it roughly right, a bit of fine tuning and they were fine, then had to hoist it up an inch at combe, and the bastids rounded off lol

Ben
22-10-06, 10:15 PM
yer but most people drive there cars more than once a year!!!

NickWalliams
22-10-06, 10:18 PM
I drilled the plastic ones out then drilled and tapped two new holes and fitted metal grub screws with some copper grease. Also inserted some nylon before the grub screw to prevent the threads being damaged!

Lee
22-10-06, 10:19 PM
I drilled the plastic ones out then drilled and tapped two new holes and fitted metal grub screws with some copper grease. Also inserted some nylon before the grub screw to prevent the threads being damaged!

Toppy tippy!!! :thumb:

Dan
22-10-06, 10:24 PM
yer but most people drive there cars more than once a year!!!

God damn your on form tonight fpmsl, but as harsh as it is, its almost true lol lol

I'll have you know i reckon i covered at least 700 miles this year all in :eek: . But now i have settled back into work properly next year will be completely different :thumb:

Ben
22-10-06, 10:30 PM
God damn your on form tonight fpmsl, but as harsh as it is, its almost true lol lol

Yer i have got it about me tonight, sorry lol

srs1
22-10-06, 10:32 PM
time of the year for the big fella

The Simps
22-10-06, 10:32 PM
I thought they were a bit crap when i fitted them earlier in the year!

I must say tho I couldn't get mine done up very tight but they don't appear to have moved.

Simps.

Dar
23-10-06, 12:36 AM
The idea is just to tighten them enough to stop the collar shaking round, not try to bollock them right up, that threads them;) Why not phone AVO and see if they can send you some new ones. They will be pence:thumb:
If you do get me some as well :D

I attacked my car tonight:eek: Poor thing.

Lee H
23-10-06, 08:58 AM
Could get two more collars and fit them the other way up and then lock them together with the existing ones. This is what I did on my old ones after having to saw a collar off once as it had siezed solid.

NickWalliams
23-10-06, 09:21 AM
Has anyone got a good method for removing top mounts?

Philsutton
23-10-06, 11:24 AM
well for the people that have used avos for a long time will know that they used to use metal screws but after a few months these used to lock in and yuo couldnt get them out lol. The way they have it at the moment is the better set up they've had imo.

Lee
23-10-06, 02:48 PM
The idea is just to tighten them enough to stop the collar shaking round, not try to bollock them right up, that threads them.

Nope, i was just lightly doing them up to stop them shaking round, but they get stuck in the threads.

I quite like the idea of tapping a new hole and putting a screw in with some nylon on the end though. We can do them at once if you want Dar?

And stop raping your car :thumb:

Dar
23-10-06, 02:51 PM
And stop raping your car :thumb:
Can't help it:D
Tryed Oli's Nova workout last night and almost put my back out:roll:

Lynsey
23-10-06, 02:53 PM

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Lee
23-10-06, 03:25 PM

I suppose it helps with a centre exit exhaust though lol

TommySR
23-10-06, 03:26 PM
lol got that diffuser to hold onto aswell?

nova---chris
23-10-06, 04:23 PM
Agree with lee further up in the thread.
Buy 2 more collars and wind them into each other at the desired height. Thats how i do mine. :thumb: