PDA

View Full Version : Anybody got any ideas?....

Rob77
22-10-06, 06:00 PM
Right, I bought a LET off ebay in mid september, link below:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=003&item=130024714903&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1

It says its 270bhp - fair does.

But it is on standard injectors and fuel reg, turbo seems standard (although bloke says its Courtenay Stage 1), and ECU looks like its never been opened (and bloke claims its superchipped).

I opened ECU last night, no signs of being opened before, standard chips... :mad:

I emailed the guy last night:
"Hi there.
I am a bit miffed about the engine you sold me - I have had the ECU apart today, and it isn't superchipped as you stated in the listing, and am also confused by the fact you said the turbo is a Stage 1 Courtney item, as that also looks standard...
I don't want to leave bad feedback, as I'm sure I will just get it in return...
But I want to resolve this.
Do you have any receipts / rolling road printouts for the engine to prove the work done?
But I know for a fact the ECU is not chipped, so whats the deal?
Robin."

He replied today with:
"i no 4 a fact ecu is chipped as turbo is a courtney 1 as i got my mate the parts ordered as 4 ecu it had a 2 prong electrobe soldered into it,as 4 turbocharger the housings bigger than a std turbo,feel free 2 leave bad feedback as to be honest i dont like your attitude,u were told over a month ago reciepts were in small box with dumpvalve,i will leave feedback 4 u that i feel is required,cheers."

2 prong electrobe??? That sound like a superchip???

Do Courtenay make a stage 1 turbo?

I have never received any receipts or RR graphs...

Sound like I've been scammed?

What should I do?

Rob.

Philsutton
22-10-06, 06:06 PM
if its on standard injectors and standard fuel reg its not making 270bhp, simple really. But one way that courtner or regal raise the fuel pressure is to squash the standard fuel reg. Look to see if its been squashed at all.

Also you can tell if the ecu has been opened, its very obvious like you say. Sounds like he's full of **** to be honest and quite frankly a bellend.

Rob77
22-10-06, 06:09 PM
Yep as I feared!

Fuel reg is not squashed!

TommySR
22-10-06, 06:09 PM
^^ lol dont trust anyone who types like a 13 year old kid "init"

Rob77
22-10-06, 06:10 PM
What you reckon I should do?

Bad feedback will get me nowhere, should I try and go through ebay?

draper
22-10-06, 06:11 PM
surely hes broke ebay rules as he has obviously mis advertised the engine - sue him as im guessing you paid a fair bit for the engine ??

Rob77
22-10-06, 06:12 PM
Yep ?1300

Philsutton
22-10-06, 06:13 PM
Not sure what you can do but it clearly hasnt been sold as what he said it was. Tried contacting ebay to see what they say.

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/tp/inr-snad-process.html

Also how did you pay for it as if you paid through paypal there is something you can do there.

Rob77
22-10-06, 06:19 PM
Unfortunatley not paid through Paypal...

Will try ebay process, see what they say...

Well pissed off.

SRlew
22-10-06, 06:28 PM
f**king gutter mate! i hope you resolve this some how!

keep us posted. sorry i carnt help but dont know much bout ebay lol

or you could do the usual thing that gets posted up on nl, go round and teach him a lesson lol

burgo
22-10-06, 06:28 PM
remember that most stage 1 turbo conversions involve just a rebuild with a 360 thrust bearing

dave_rand
22-10-06, 06:40 PM
pay him a visit

Rob77
22-10-06, 06:48 PM
Have contacted ebay now, will see what happens!

Rob77
22-10-06, 06:49 PM
remember that most stage 1 turbo conversions involve just a rebuild with a 360 thrust bearing

Yeh but he states that the housing is bigger, which is doesnt seem to be!!!

Rob77
22-10-06, 07:07 PM
Just found this:

http://www.fiestaturbo.com/forums/just-been-done-on-ebay-for-250-anyone-know-steam1111-vt101951/

He sounds like a right good bloke!

Awesome!

:mad:

c'2.0lrt
22-10-06, 07:57 PM
what twozzer,sorry to hear that mate hope you get a result keep us posted.

Mr-G
23-10-06, 09:34 AM
Mels Astra was making 260bhp on standard injectors and turbo.

but then again she did have uprated FPR, EDS phase 1 chips, XE inlet cam, EDS 8.1 ltr front mount intercooler, regal tophat, 3" bore SS exhaust

was running 21psi overboost and holding 18psi.

If it has no chips then he is talking bollox i am afraid

Stuart
23-10-06, 10:05 AM
just leave negative feedback and get a bit in return.... quite why people are intent on bugginf their feedback score is beyond me. Ok its nice to have a fully clean record, but at the same time youve been done over and its not your fault, its not like youve been left it as a bad seller or anything.

Matt2107
23-10-06, 10:17 AM
Unfortunately the world is full of ****ers.

I wouldnt be surprised if Ebay scams are featured on one of those investigating programmes on channel 4 soon.

They will definately come under heavy flak to sort out scammers... the problem is whatever they do will never be good enough.

Phil GTE
23-10-06, 03:57 PM
Small claims court - claim for the amount of work that should have been done (get quotes etc) - and charge for the parts labour for the situation to be corrected.

Novadex
23-10-06, 04:30 PM
i know e-bay have some sort of "trading standerds" that aplies to all sellers... i would be interested in what they have to say and if they help you. some people dont give a fu*k when it comes to making a few quid! :(

craig green
23-10-06, 05:31 PM
ebay also have guidelines on buying an engine....

I would imagine they wont be much help if you have missed any valid points in there. Looks like you will need to fit it & see.

Rob77
12-11-06, 04:39 PM
Update - guy is now no longer registered on ebay, and atfer speaking to small claims court, and citizens advice bureau my only option is to get a solicter - which I cannot afford!

I am claiming the maximum amount of money off ebay, but as I paid by cheque, the maximum I can claim back is ?105.

Searching ebay today, and found this:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270053694737&fromMakeTrack=true

Familiar???

(Compare it to this, the engine I bought: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130024714903 )

What do you think to this???

Same guy perhaps, as it is a new member?

What should I do?

Adam
12-11-06, 04:41 PM
Different location...
Unless hes just put anothe location down, altho he wants cheque as payment..

You can claim ?105 back, plus you still have the engine, albeit a standard engine.

Thats probably all you can do.

Rob77
12-11-06, 04:54 PM
The thing that made me wonder, was that he has put virtually the same description, and is a new user. Bearing in mind the guy who sold my engine is now no longer registered...

Also, the guy I bought mine off, said he lived in Scotland, but the engine was delivered from Mansfield... It is all rather weird!

Shall I email the new guy on ebay?

Kinky Monza
12-11-06, 05:10 PM
I'll go do some digging for you, be easier for a female lol

Rob77
12-11-06, 05:11 PM
I'll go do some digging for you, be easier for a female lol

Ha ha ! True!

Stoo
12-11-06, 05:14 PM
Gutted for you matey, absolutely gutted, looking at the 2 descriptions its exactly the same seller!

For one, he has described everything in cost by spelling out POUNDS, its all in caps letters too!!

Adam
12-11-06, 05:15 PM
Also, the guy I bought mine off, said he lived in Scotland, but the engine was delivered from Mansfield... It is all rather weird!

Wheres Mansfield?

Perhaps he was using a mates account, who lives in scotland.

Rob77
Gutted for you matey, absolutely gutted, looking at the 2 descriptions its exactly the same seller!

For one, he has described everything in cost by spelling out POUNDS, its all in caps letters too!!

Yeh thats what I thought...

Kinky Monza
Right, i've emailed him asking for a contact number, so we shall see what happens, i'll keep ya posted

Rob77
12-11-06, 05:16 PM
Wheres Mansfield?

Perhaps he was using a mates account, who lives in scotland.

Mansfield is near Nottingham.

Stoo
12-11-06, 05:16 PM
Absolute tosspig!! Report it to ebay and cross refer the 2 listings!

Rob77
12-11-06, 05:17 PM
Yeh I will report it now.

Rob77
12-11-06, 05:30 PM
Have emailed ebay now, to let them know I think the new seller is the same guy that sold me my engine, and that he is trying to scam somebody else, the same way he scammed me.