PDA

View Full Version : hey peeps

superfu-kingnova
22-10-06, 02:04 AM
just a quick question , if you have a nova thats registered as a 1.2 , but has a 2.0 16v in . are their any issues with registering it with new engine ? . is it just a case of sending off engine numbers ? . many thanks , for any info or help , cheers :thumb:

:cool:

Ricky G
22-10-06, 11:03 AM
my mate got grassed up to the police for having a 2 litre 16v in a gte and if i remember rightly he had to have an engineers report or something and notify the dvla with all the changes. alot of hassle to be honest. just insure it as a 2.0 with whatever mods you have and your **** is coverd. plus it would be easier to sell a car registerd as a 1.6 or whatever you have as some dodgy people like to insure it as 1.6/1.4/1.2.

Philsutton
22-10-06, 11:50 AM
no you dont need a engineers report but some insurance companies will ask for one. Just get the new engine number and size and fill it in on the log book. Only problems you have is if the engine is stolen and the engine number has been grinded off.

stuartp
22-10-06, 01:35 PM
Only problems you have is if the engine is stolen and the engine number has been grinded off.

Sounds like you know to much!!

bump
22-10-06, 04:00 PM
Sounds like you know to much!!
Phil did work at Just Novas for quite some time (may still be there), and did post up some pics of dodgy wiring etc that came in, I'd imagine that far more came in that he didn't mention.