PDA

View Full Version : Rear brakes

Anonymous
14-04-01, 03:33 PM
I have a 1.0litre Nova with the standard drums! The problem i have is the when i brake with medium pressure the rear wheels lock up (like iv pulled the handbrake!) This has done this in the past but it sorted itself out within a couple of days but this time its been weeks and its getting worse!

Ne ideas on what it could be or am i going to have to take it to a garage (MONEY!!! NO!!:()

Cheers Si :-D

*B-)*EAT my CHEESE*B-)*

Anonymous
14-04-01, 03:46 PM
change your shoes, and generaly clean the drums and brake assembly. mine did it then i just took the drums of and wiped em then put em back on and it was all fine.

BEng Hons Automotive Electronics Engineering :) worship my electronics skills :D

Anonymous
14-04-01, 07:03 PM
get some new cylinders, mine did this, thry jacking up the rear of the car, take off the hnadbrake and spin one of the rear wheels, get a mate to press the foot brake and see what happens, they should stop straight away. They lock up cos the pistons get stuck, you'll see when you take them off, but there only cheap from Halfords etc. but order them cos they'll only have one!