PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know much about Tigra`s?

DIB
21-10-06, 03:58 PM
Hi guys,anyone know much about Tigra`s?.a friend of the family has just bought a V plate Tigra.told me the other day they had a problem with it,when the boot lid is opened and you push it shut,and get about half way down the passenger window rolls down about 3 inches,abd when the boot lid is shut all the way after a couple of seconds the window rolls back up shut again(only the passenger window does this).

I thought they all did this due to the size of the boot lid and the amount of air it would displace when being shut. i.e. the passenger window opens to allow the air trapped inside to escape,then shuts when the boot is closed.sort of a design to stop air pressure inside popping windows out of the rubbers?

Am i right?,can anyone confirm this or am i just mental

fearless
21-10-06, 04:25 PM
I'm pleased to say your not mental - All tigra's do that - for the reasons you say !

Dave

NickWalliams
21-10-06, 04:28 PM
lol

TommySR
21-10-06, 05:08 PM
oooo thats fancy lol

draper
21-10-06, 05:28 PM
thats the trickest mod ive ever seen

"chew on them apples 'west coast customs'" !!"

DIB
21-10-06, 07:10 PM
I'm pleased to say your not mental - All tigra's do that - for the reasons you say !

Dave

Thanks for that at least i know I`m not mental.i tried to explain it to them but they didn`t understand what i meant by the air pressure.

to see it work is pretty trick aswell the next big mod LOL

Cheers Dave

Stanley
21-10-06, 07:20 PM
I thought most cars have one-way valves (flappy thing behind the rear bumper) to combat this??

im sure ive seen it before

staggy_gsi
21-10-06, 07:33 PM
hey i always wonderd what them 'flappy things' were for!! lol

Novadex
22-10-06, 09:49 AM
My dads landrover has the same sort of feature, only with the back window (because the back window winds down) very clever!

Stuart
22-10-06, 10:00 AM
the tigras boot lid is curved like an air scoop hence the need to depressurise the car lol

stuartp
22-10-06, 01:39 PM
I had this argument with my cousin he thought i was mental!!

Geth
22-10-06, 01:45 PM
That's amazing! I'm off to buy a Tigra lol

dannyb
22-10-06, 02:47 PM
I thought most cars have one-way valves (flappy thing behind the rear bumper) to combat this??

im sure ive seen it before

Could one of these valves be made to make a whoopie cushion sound?