PDA

View Full Version : ecu

terrible___1
19-10-06, 06:03 PM
Hi all im converting my nova gsi to a 2.0 16v on taking out my ecu all the wires are mixed to the loom that gives power to the lights and stuff.will it bo ok to cut the plugs off the ecu loom?so i could just pull the wires through?

cheers rob

burgo
20-10-06, 11:50 AM
Hi all im converting my nova gsi to a 2.0 16v on taking out my ecu all the wires are mixed to the loom that gives power to the lights and stuff.will it bo ok to cut the plugs off the ecu loom?so i could just pull the wires through?

cheers robare you sure its all tied in?? i know when i have taken them out sometimes it looks like it but it never actually has been. thats the whole beauty with vauxhalls the engine looms are seperate

Ste L
20-10-06, 01:21 PM
unless its a late GSI/SRi, with dispac or 1.2i/1.4i, then the engine loom is intergrated with the car loom

Adam
20-10-06, 02:07 PM
You mean the other way round Ste ;)
The engine loom is self contained and can be unplugged.

terrible___1
20-10-06, 05:23 PM
it is a late gsi with dispac so what will i have to do to it then?

Adam
20-10-06, 05:37 PM
The wires that lead to the ECU multiplug, you will have to join the ones that the xe ecu needs to the same ones in the gsi ecu loom.

Anything spare on the gsi ecu loom can be ripped out or just left, taped/tied out the way.
Only around 5-7wires need joining.
The rest head out through the bulkhead and plug into sensors/injector blah blah.

terrible___1
20-10-06, 07:40 PM
ok i get you there are a few more wires that i didnt see theres that red wire,black,green and brown/blue.