PDA

View Full Version : Saxo headlights

rochdalenova
18-10-06, 09:38 PM
been offered a set of saxo mk1 angel eye headlights and im thinking theyd look good on the beast, lol!! wot u reckon guys?

ade
18-10-06, 10:48 PM
it would certainly be different.

However I think you might make several enemies - A nova owner sticking Saxo parts on his car

OMG!

Before you start though check the fitments of them - you mak need to remodel your bonnet, wings, light housings, bumper and all the bits that surround them (see my thread above for my project of fitting mk2 Fiat Punto lights to a Nova!)

Ade

superfu-kingnova
18-10-06, 11:01 PM
dont even think about it m8 , headlamps from a dodgy french car !! lol
i dont think this would do ya cred' any good ..
in my opinion we should mod vauxhalls with vauxhall parts , maybe astra headlamps etc .. :thumb:

:cool:

rochdalenova
18-10-06, 11:08 PM
well im gonna give it a go. I wanted mk3 astra 1s but im getting these at half the price. I know im gonna get a slating but ill post some pics 2moro of how im getting on. hours of grinding and hacking ahead, cant wait

Nova_Houch7
18-10-06, 11:19 PM
Nooooo dont do it!

L

ade
18-10-06, 11:56 PM
lol - told ya!

he he

before you start hacking away, PLAN what you need to do - check the size of them and the fitments against your wings, existing housings etc.

It wont be a one day mod - depending on the work it may take several days/weeks

hybridturbo
18-10-06, 11:57 PM
lol Give your head a wobble

rochdalenova
19-10-06, 05:23 PM
Well ive spent all day doing the headlights, know where near finished but ive cut the wings and headlight surrounds so that i can get the things in and ive worked out what position they need to sit in but not made a permanent bit for them to sit on like ade yet. Also done a bit of fibreglassing mods to wings, grille and bonnet. Will get more pics and go into more detail another time as im busy tonight but see what ya think anyway. LOTS STILL LEFT TO DO

JJL
19-10-06, 05:45 PM
No pic here mate

rochdalenova
19-10-06, 06:02 PM
is the pic showing up?

rednova
19-10-06, 06:03 PM
dont even think about it m8 , headlamps from a dodgy french car !! lol
i dont think this would do ya cred' any good ..
in my opinion we should mod vauxhalls with vauxhall parts , maybe astra headlamps etc .. :thumb:

:cool:

how many people put saxo spoilers on back in the day??? hands up and be countedlol

JJL
19-10-06, 06:10 PM
Nope mate still no pic

ade
19-10-06, 06:25 PM
load pics into photobucket.com then copy the "img" code and paste it into your post.

Would like to see this - v interested...

who cares if ots saxo - better than the ruddy candle lights in novas!

bigbened
19-10-06, 06:29 PM
nope lol

craig green
19-10-06, 06:41 PM
I cant see it either..

But is it mk1 or mk2 Saxo lamps. Mk1's could go. Polo & Saxo lights look like they literally copied the Mk2 Nova grille & lamps anyway, so it could be a good way of getting better (seeing where you are going) lighting on the front. Might need a Saxo grille too but its something thats crossed my mind before. (using Polo lamps ofcourse)!

Matt2107
19-10-06, 06:43 PM
I have something in the pipe line for my run around saloon... when I buy it.

L14MNP
19-10-06, 06:48 PM
better than the ruddy candle lights in novas!

Could you not fit an HID kit to the standard headlamps if its better vision you were after? Something I may look into, but don't want the 'hi tech' look, I like the candle power, goes with the age of the car IMO lol

Jack
19-10-06, 06:54 PM
Would need to fit lamp washer jets as well though for HIDs, and levelling motors if not already there.

L14MNP
19-10-06, 07:01 PM
Would need to fit lamp washer jets as well though for HIDs, and levelling motors if not already there.
Fcuk it then, maybe I'll purchase one of these instead :) lol

http://www.piaa.co.uk/lamps/images/80XT_car.jpg

rochdalenova
19-10-06, 07:46 PM
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r150/rochdalenova/nova2.jpg

JJL
19-10-06, 08:04 PM
Yeah got the pic but that can't be a nova!

rochdalenova
19-10-06, 08:08 PM
lol cheers JJL, i must say i just love the std nova shape - and still do but this beast has evolved :D

ade
19-10-06, 09:17 PM
they actually look pretty cool - be interested to see from the side/another angle

PLEASE GET RID OF THAT FECKIN BUMPER!

I guarantee within 3 months if that, the weight of it will make it drop and it'll end up getting smashed along the bottom - otherwise someone will kick it. Theres too many open vents imo.

Just my opinion mind - its far too big for the car.

lights look good though!

rochdalenova
19-10-06, 10:07 PM
i love my bumper though ade, cant be scrappin it!!plus i dont think it looks that big with the 17's on. needs more work on the sides When i get some wheels on to roll out of the garage ill get some side profile shots, look proper cool

Jim Mcrae
20-10-06, 12:08 AM
WOW, its a nova saxo hybrid! Never thought i would see the day. You are a brave man to do such a thing. Im not the worlds biggest fan on that style of bumper though but meh its you car

Stoo
20-10-06, 09:15 AM
I used to have corsa headlamps in my nova!

Went back to OEMs though!
I also have a spoiler thats designed for a saxo on my hatch!

RAZORJACK, why headlamp levellers and washers for HIDs??

draper
20-10-06, 09:22 AM
RAZORJACK, why headlamp levellers and washers for HIDs??

i think its for MOT reasons

Jack
20-10-06, 09:31 AM
Hmm, having said that I'm not so sure now. Seems that the DOT and the EU only require new cars which have HIDs from the factory to be fitted with washers and levellers, although there appears to be a lot of confusion over what the regulations are. Apparently even the DOT themselves don't seem to know :roll:

Probably wise to fit just to be on the safe side. Shouldn't be a hard job to rig something up, and I'd have thought the saxo lights would come with levellers anyway.

Stoo
20-10-06, 09:32 AM
MY DC5 has HIDs and no washers or levellers!!

TommySR
20-10-06, 09:55 AM
not as bad as i imagined it to look, although i aint sure on the kit etc. but might look different from different angles etc

Matt2107
20-10-06, 12:31 PM
I think you've put in a sterling effort there mate.

More photo's would be terrific.

craig green
23-10-06, 01:33 PM
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r150/rochdalenova/nova2.jpg

Fair shout but not to my tastes at all. Not how I expected it to look.

richi
25-10-06, 06:57 PM
i am loving that, big bumpers are still the dogs!! where abouts from rochdale are you from?? thats where im from u see, are u part of bttos? dont no if u seen it but i got the mg rtoyal blue one, what engine u got in it? the lights look trik m8.......very brave though

L14MNP
26-10-06, 02:42 AM
i am loving that, big bumpers are still the dogs!! where abouts from rochdale are you from?? thats where im from u see, are u part of bttos? dont no if u seen it but i got the mg rtoyal blue one, what engine u got in it? the lights look trik m8.......very brave though

LOL I'm on BTTOS - seen em on ch4 one day, some late 90's cruise report thing lol

Congrats on the Nova BTW mate, not at all to my tastes, but seems like you've gotten everything to fit nicely!

nathannova
26-10-06, 06:26 PM
like the saxo front lamps (didnt really think i would atall)
but really hate the big bumper, your car though looks like alot of work has gone into her