PDA

View Full Version : paid for an item, but item has never been recieved

chimp007_uk
18-10-06, 10:05 AM
right...

i purchased some laptop ram from another novaload user for ?40 over 4 weeks ago, and the ram has never been recieved, i have sent pm's to the seller and replied to the original for sale thread, but i haven't heard anything back...

need some help.

cheers
chris

Matt2107
18-10-06, 10:07 AM
Name and shame... Make sure that when you buy something you pay the extra 64p to have it sent recorded. If the seller wont send it recorded then dont buy it.

It sucks when this happens though.

chimp007_uk
18-10-06, 10:14 AM
well, as it was computer memory, i'd expect it to be sent recorded... it may have not even been sent in the first place, as the seller hasn't even been in touch to say he sent it...

will only nane and shame if the seller doesnt get in touch by the end of the week. however it's not hard to do a search and establish who it was ;)

Matt2107
18-10-06, 10:21 AM
lol i considered buying some off him but changed my mind.. glad I did now.

chimp007_uk
18-10-06, 10:32 AM
there must be something i can do, can't admin kick peoplle like this off?

Matt2107
18-10-06, 10:44 AM
It brings up all sorts of issues.
At the top of the forsale section there is a notice that highlights Novaload have nothing to do with sellers and buyers etc.

Jack
18-10-06, 11:30 AM
lol i considered buying some off him but changed my mind.. glad I did now.
lol me too, but then Firefox eats all my ram anyway

As Stu has said before, kicking someone off the site after they've done something is a bit like shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted. And you'd be unable to contact them via pm.

You have the seller's name and address?

dan23
18-10-06, 07:47 PM
dont bother getting it sent recorded they cant track it all they do is say it left the post office an didnt arrive at the other end an give you a form to fill in ,send it special delivery it costs more but is gaurented to get there usally next day if it goes missing thay have to payu compo

Matt2107
19-10-06, 10:28 AM
dont bother getting it sent recorded they cant track it all they do is say it left the post office an didnt arrive at the other end an give you a form to fill in ,send it special delivery it costs more but is gaurented to get there usally next day if it goes missing thay have to payu compo

They can track it and they can also provide your with a signatory, date and time.

I've sent over 30 recorded items and they've all been delivered

You are also covered up to the value of ?28 with recorded.
However they have strict guidelines on what your not allowed to send.

chimp007_uk
19-10-06, 10:41 AM
i've got the guys name and address... not near me tho :(

wisewood
19-10-06, 10:48 AM
you're covered for up to ?28 with regular post. Recorded delivery items are treated exactly the same as a normal posted item, but they get a signature when it arrives on the other end, and record what time it was delivered.

Same as with normal post, its not a guarenteed delivery, and items can go missing. At work we've had instances of Royal Mail saying an item was delivered at whatever time according to their tracking facility, but the item is not at its destination many hours later. We know this, because we've had someone who works for us sat at the destination waiting for it to arrive.

As for the RAM having not arrived, there really is very little we can do. We're not ebay, and we don't regulate who is selling or what is sold, just make sure that its posted into the right for sale section. As you'll know, we dont ask for your name and address, or telephone number when you register, so it really is up to you to make sure the seller is genuine before you buy anything from them.

It'll probably all turn out right in the end, these things usually do - there could have been a problem with sellers computer, family crisis, illness - any number of reasons why they've not been in touch. In the past i've tried to get involved with this sort of thing, and there's nothing we can do aside from send messages to the person, which you're already doing anyway.

Keep trying. Good luck.

Matt2107
19-10-06, 10:55 AM
Incidently I'm still waiting for a boot catch from novamadman.
His pm box is full :(

Jack
19-10-06, 11:28 AM
From when I was postman for a mail order movie memorabilia company, recorded delivery just gave you a signature and confirmation that the item was delivered. If you wanted to physically track the item through the mail system, you needed Special Delivery.

Have you got a landline number for the guy? If not, use his address perhaps to find out and give him a ring on that.