PDA

View Full Version : 1.6 16v turboing info

S1 RST
17-10-06, 10:04 AM
has any1 got any info on this conversion i know velos was doing it but they have since long gone i would appricate any info on this and if any1 has done it with success

all info, any pics, parts used thanks

draper
17-10-06, 10:14 AM
general baxter has done it, wether its any good or not im not to sure

Stuart
17-10-06, 10:23 AM
no offence to baxter. hes done it on a such a pikey budget/method that its ok as a guide but you'd always wont to do a better job ;)

have a look at the mvaux stuff, but dont buy from them!

craig green
17-10-06, 02:34 PM
is baxters running?

Stuart
17-10-06, 02:40 PM
in a manner of speaking.... starting with no fuel on easy start count as running? lol

SRlew
17-10-06, 03:52 PM
have a look at the mvaux stuff, but dont buy from them!

whys that stu? was looking at there stuff and considering getting from them.

Adam
17-10-06, 04:08 PM
Quite a few people getting crap fitting manifolds/\
Dodgy fuel regulators etc.

draper
17-10-06, 04:09 PM
i read a thread on mig (i think) where they bulk bought some clutches but most of them came with the wrong cover plates and bits and bobs lol

Adam
17-10-06, 04:17 PM
Yup

craig green
17-10-06, 04:24 PM
Its such a shame really. The 1st kits to come over caused a storm & went down really well. However due to some components being poor quality of late, Stu's advice is best kept to.

For anyone not familiar, the company is based in Brazil & the prices are awesome really. But the above mentioned clutch group buy seemed to have gone very wrong partly due to both parties at either end not realising that GM have different spline configurations for the American & European GM gearboxes etc on some models. Mvaux werent to know this nor were the Miggers. However Mvaux although apologetic was somewhat reluctant to offer any suggestions as to how to sort the issues out.

Its just a shame really, but there are stories of the parcels not being packaged anywhere near as well as they had been in the past & that the turbo manifolds were coming through warped etc.

You take your own risk really, not with the company but the goods themselves.

Again.Shame.