PDA

View Full Version : confuzzled!

Ricky G
16-10-06, 09:27 AM
right at the moment i rely dont know what to do about cars! i have just bought a metro gti and its too much fun to drive! i just cant help planting my foot down and i dont wanna die so its got to go. also i have just been offerd a white mk2 1.2 nova but i fear i may get bored of a project and not see it thru, altho that is what i want to do! and i have also foun a lovely mk2 fiesta xr2 for the right kind of money and i want it alot! everyhing on it is right so no need for getting hands dirty which i like this time of year! but i cant help wanting the other cars aswell! any ideas? i know im gonna get bias opinions on a nova website but nevermind!;)

Matt2107
16-10-06, 12:03 PM
Well the nova's always a good option but I'm really liking golfs at the min.
There was a nice mk2 1.6 gl GTI look alike round here for ?600 which I would have had as a daily driver if I'd had the spare wedge.

Also my after crashing the 1.4 astra mk 3 he's just spunked a grand on a mk1 gti golf... 1.9ltr.

dannyb
16-10-06, 01:18 PM
i have just bought a metro gti and its too much fun to drive! i just cant help planting my foot down and i dont wanna die so its got to go

Novas and Mk2 Festers are of course renowned for their build quality and safety in crashes! lol A golf is a good option if you want safety, but the fester does open up a world of tuning opportunities, they are easy to get mechanical bits for still and they are hilarious to drive. You probably will end up driving it as hard as the Metro though as it feel quicker than it is, so you might just have to learn some discipline.

Ricky G
16-10-06, 02:55 PM
Novas and Mk2 Festers are of course renowned for their build quality and safety in crashes! lol A golf is a good option if you want safety, but the fester does open up a world of tuning opportunities, they are easy to get mechanical bits for still and they are hilarious to drive. You probably will end up driving it as hard as the Metro though as it feel quicker than it is, so you might just have to learn some discipline.
i have tried to drive carefull in the metro but its got an induction (bad boy) kit! and it does sound pretty mean! anyone thats heard the k series roar should agree! but if i take it off then i will be bored and sell it anyway! its on ebay so if it goes it goes and if not........it will be missus 1 ricky 0 lol

Adam
16-10-06, 03:08 PM
How quick are these metro gti's?

Ricky G
16-10-06, 03:14 PM
How quick are these metro gti's?
depends how you drive them!lol
seriously tho it will outdo any 1.4 nova (providing its standard or near) it will also outdo a corsa gsi (proven) and raced a nova gsi but the bloke cant drive so i havnt counted that!
from 1 to 4 thousand revs nothing much happens but when you get to 5 it just seems to fly and give an amazing roar from the induction. if you heard it you wouldnt expect it to be a metro! and it has a top speed of about 120! i can get the clocks to read 135 but we all know the clock lies a little so i would safely have a bet on 120 maybe a touch more. and go krt handling to go with it just makes it so much fun!

Ricky G
16-10-06, 03:16 PM
i think they are 105 bhp from a tin can metro! will have pics later! i took pics earlier but left camera at my girlfriends so will grab them later!

craig green
16-10-06, 03:18 PM
dread to imagine what you would make of a proper fast car...?

That Metro has 100bhp.

Ricky G
16-10-06, 03:21 PM
well i had my 2 litre nova and got bored of that very quickly and i drove my mates 350bhp cossie the other day so its not like i havent been in a fast car or driven one! but you just cant beat the fun of the metro! i garuntee if you have the balls to give it large without being scared of dying it would make you smile!

Ricky G
16-10-06, 03:23 PM
dread to imagine what you would make of a proper fast car...?

That Metro has 100bhp.
and if you wanna be picky over 5 bhp then ill give the real figure of 103!

dannyb
16-10-06, 04:33 PM
You could go the other way and buy a 1.7 Volvo 340 or 740 saloon. Initially thiese cars seem like their awful. BUT look on the plus side:
Rear wheel drive + winter = icy sideways roundabouts
They can be had for the price of a pint and a pack of tabs.
They are safe as houses.
You dont need to drive with your foot in everywhere as it has two speeds, stop and f*ck all.
Parking is never a worry, if you leave it somewhere it wont get nicked and if anyone shunts it, they come off worse.

And lastly, you'll be gagging for a new car by the new year when the roads are dry and salt free again. You might even have saved a few quid towards it as these cars cost the square route of f*ck all and cannot be modified!!