PDA

View Full Version : 1.6 16v

Anonymous
07-04-01, 03:28 PM
is it worth swapping the 1.6 8v for the 1.6 16v or is it more rewarding to fit cams etc to the 8v.youre help would be appreciated cheers!!!

Anonymous
07-04-01, 08:22 PM
every ones gonna say how good the 16v is now, and how u can get 200 brake from it, but to do that u need serious mods and money,i mean throttle boddies arnt cheap.
where as u can stick a decent cam in the 8v(i recomend a piper rally,ive had good experiences with em) bit of head work, and even some carbs if u wanted and ur looking at 120ish maybee more. one thing u defintly wanna do to any car is to lighten n balance the fly wheel(and u might aswell get the crank done while u at) this makes such a difference. pick up will be alot better, As its lighter u will acyually loose torque, but performance wil be better. also as its lighter, inertia will be less, meaning that when idling the car may have tendency to pop and bang slightly, espeacialy if the carb,cam is fitted. so it sound even nicer.

Anonymous
07-04-01, 09:53 PM
You can get 150+bhp out of the 1.6 8V if the head's done properly. Really it depends on how far you want to go. 16V should always have more potential as their heads are generally more efficient.

Anonymous
08-04-01, 12:18 PM
how much would this lot cost as im on a budget due to baby due in july plus im not sure if i can keep the car same reason also

Anonymous
08-04-01, 04:11 PM
Get the 16v and get modded inlet manifold to cutoff the ecotec shite, ull be looking at 130bhp, and it only costs ?200. If u have a full exhuast and filter, ul obviously be looking at more :)